Friday, August 15, 2014

AE IHeartU Challenge

The latest  Avery Elle Challenge is calling for kraft
I always love kraft card stock, but I rarely use it as the main theme. This truly was a challenge. With my limited AE stamps, I chose the lighter kraft card stock and Write It 
 and just "went with it"....

After embossing the entire kraft card stock in white, I found it really neat but a bit lacking in color...What can I say? I am truly a colorful person.
you make the world a better place
I resorted to my new Gelatos (Metallic Mint and Guava) and applied the inks with masked lines-- one line at a time.  It is basically an Emboss Resist with Gelatos.
I also used Avery Elle's Custom Panels  to make all 3 small circles (colored with Gelatos on vellum) as part of the embellishments with the silver strings and sequins .

 Thanks so much for stopping by!

19 comments:

Laura B. said...

Emboss resist with gelatos!! Brilliant!

Niki G said...

Love how you highlighted your sentiment with the gelatos! The colors are fabulous!

donna mikasa said...

Laura took the words out of my mouth! This is absolutely brilliant! The perfect amount of color from the Gelatos! Love this!

Dawn Turley said...

fabulous Virginia. I love the colours and words and your little vellum circles are perfect

Lynn said...

Love the stamped background. Fabulous Virginia.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the typography bg and the way you added the color!

joy said...

gorgeous card, Virginia!

Sheila H said...

The Gelatos are a fabulous highlight, Virginia.

~amy~ said...

Love the swishes of color!

Charlene said...

SO cute!!! Love the added color, it highlights the sentiment perfectly!!

conil said...

Ooooh. Like this a bunch...that color yiu added jumps off the card. Your details are fantastic.

Shelly said...

Oh, wow!...This is beautiful! Love those colors against the kraft!

Laura Norris said...

Beautiful!! Great job adding the color.

Deepti said...

Beautiful card and awesome technique !

Barb Ghig said...

Yes, you are a 'Colorful' person, so I love how you added the rainbow of colors to this card! So pretty, Virginia!

Happy Dance said...

This is very cool, Virginia! Love the resist embossing with the gelatos. Such a brilliant idea! Wonderful card. Bev

Lisa said...

This is beautiful Virginia, very well done!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the patterned paper you created, and those vellum circles are so fun!

Katie Gehring said...

WOW, Virginia! I LOVE the gelatos on kraft- just brilliants. The vellum circle are so dreamy! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with the AE Challenge!