Sunday, August 3, 2014

Mini Album Page

Hello! I am sharing a page of my mini family album. You can see my previous pages in this You Tube video (here).  

I had used some new Penny Black dies and stamps to create this page.

                                              Textures                      Shades (Thin Metal Creative Die)
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product.aspx?id=304846&c=0http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product.aspx?id=305440&c=0
mini album page

I stamped the Textures background to highlight the colors. I also used Basic Grey (Fresh Cut) pattern paper to bring out the colors more. The hearts on top were created with Heidi Swapp stencil and Wendy Vecchi embossing paste (mixed with Ripe Persimmon and embossing paste).

Lastly, I am sharing a sneak peek of what I am doing over StampNation. If you click here, you will see a video of the SN Founder/Director Catherine Pooler. I actually have a little part in the mid section of this video! My face was partially "frozen" from the dental visit I just had as I video taped it (LOL).
 In "Virginia's Stamp Clinic", I am running a series on how to use your Border Stamp to the max. In total, I had created over a dozen samples to show the versatility of this stamp and die. 
  Thanks for stopping by! 

16 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Great page! I love the stamped 'frame' for the photo, and the great die cuts!

Nora N. said...

What a great page!! I love that new die!! It is so fun. I like that it is large enough for a nice page element. I also like the fun stamps. How big are they? Thank you for sharing!!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Wonderful layout! Love how you used the border stamps.

Lin said...

Sweet picture of all of you, Virginia! Love the hearts!

joy said...

Love this adorable layout and the photo of you and your family is precious, Virginia!

Ruby Craft said...

Fun colors, stamps and die combo. Those bright orange hearts are darling.

Barb said...

Love the colors, texture and all those sweet hearts! Beautiful photo and beautiful page, Virginia! ♥

Dawn Turley said...

great page for your mini album. I went and watched your video too. Awesome.

Sheila H said...

Cute page layout - love the texture and colors.

Shelly said...

Such a cool layout!!! Love it!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a great layout, Virginia! I love how you added texture and dimension with your stamping and papers, but my favorite part is all the genuine smiles on everyone in the photo!

Off to check out the video :-)

Harriet said...

Virginia....a lovely page, a lovely family!!

conil said...

Whoa...great page, clever use of that border stamp. Plus a terrific picture of you and the family.

Charlene said...

What a wonderful page and great pic :-)

Deb said...

Awesome layout! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your page Virginia!
Excellent use of the Pocket Treasures ;)