Saturday, August 9, 2014

Shake a Little....

I have seen so many shaker cards lately in the blogosphere and I am loving them too! Today I am sharing a small shaker card. When I say "small", it's because the actual shaker component is small.

I am using this die cut set and stamp from Penny Black.
    Textures                      Shades (Thin Metal Creative Die)
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product.aspx?id=304846&c=0http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product.aspx?id=305440&c=0

heartfelt thanks
This type of design really makes great use of the dies and the long scallop rectangles.  I did some stamping on the rectangle and then made the house die cut. 

The hearts are made with embossing paste (with distress inks mixed in it) and Heidi Swapp stencil.
Then I put the two scalloped diecuts together with double sided tape around the house diecut and acetate (with sequins inside). That's it!

What do you think? Are you going to shake a little? 
Thanks for stopping by!

25 comments:

sue k said...

Very cute, great shaker.

Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Dawn Turley said...

Awesome Virginia. Love the look the texture stamps give to the house

~amy~ said...

super fun, I love your shaker card Virginia!

Sheila H said...

The shaker house is just darling! I love the tiny hearts. The scalloped edges and stamping give great texture and interest. Sweet card, Virginia.

Kristie Goulet said...

Adorable shaker, Virginia!

GeeCee said...

Love the colours you used. The scalloped edges really makes the card so cute! Thanks Virginia!

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! I love the shaker and the ombre stamping!

richardbreaks said...

So lovely! I love a shaker card.

Barb Ghig said...

Such a cute shaker card, Virginia! I love your die cut house and the hearts are so fun! Loving the blue and green pattern on the scalloped frame, too...so charming!

Lisa said...

I like the little shaker house, so cute!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

This is so cute! LOVE it Virginia!

conil said...

I like the small die cut. For some reason, it's more impactful Very cute.

Happy Dance said...

Perfect little shaker card! Just the right size. Love these gorgeous colors too. That little house is so sweet, and the twine is the perfect grounding element. Great shaker! Bev

Laura B. said...

I love, love, love your shaped house shaker!! What a fun idea and fabulous colors!

mimijudy1975 said...

You had a great idea,Virginia,of putting two house together with the foam tape.It really gives it a special look. I love this card with the embossed hearts,twine,and sequins,and the patterned background.The scalloped border is so pretty.

Angi Barrs said...

What a fun card! I love how you used dies to create this!

mimijudy1975 said...

i forgot to ask you in my comment above,could you tell us if the scalloped is a die cut and by what company.? I saw a few,but not one that said 'long scalloped rectangle. " Thanks so much.

Greta said...

Darling card, Virginia!

Virginia Lu said...

Thanks SO much for your comment, everyone.
~mimiudy1975: the scalloped rectangle I used in this project was made by Spellbinders (you can see the link: http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product.aspx?id=32948 ). Thanks for asking! You are so KIND! xoxo

Catherine Pooler said...

I absolutely adore what you've been coming up with from the house and background stamp set! This card is darling!

Carol McCready said...

You created quite a cute house shaker card. Love the little embossed hearts.

Ruby Craft said...

So cute! I love this little shaker card!

Cris G said...

Oh my, this is adorable. Love the sequins and hearts outside, they look like they jumped out from the shaker :).

Melissa F said...

LOVE the little shaker part of the card, it makes me look at the shaker potential of my dies!

Shelly said...

Aww...Such an ADORABLE shaker! Love!