Thursday, August 21, 2014

Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2014-August!


Hello! I have been meaning to play the Tim Holz Tag challenge...but I never seem to have the right idea or supplies. Well, today is the day to share my creation with you. 
The latest August Tag Challenge is asking the participant to follow your own inner creative muse! 

muse /myo͞oz/: to become absorbed in thought or dreamy abstraction

Here is my simple take on this challenge.
love you
Supplies: Woodgrain  (Tim Holtz Stencil), Butterfly Friends by Simon Says Stamp Exclusive, Wendy Vecchie Embossing Paste, Vintage Photo (TH Distress Ink), twines and ribbons (American Craft), sequins and Perfect Pearl droplets, silver thread (Michael's)

For the woodgrain, I actually applied the Vintage Photo Distress Ink after the white embossing paste dried. I thought I would enter it into this month's Mixed Media Challenge (stencil with modeling paste).

Thanks so much for stopping by!

17 comments:

conil said...

Ooooh, I like the seeming simplicity of this tag and the way you've used the embossing paste.

Kath said...

woohoo we have a new tagger joining the Tim Holtz family...love your take on this month's tag Virginia...hugs kath xxx

Lynn said...

I love all the leaves overlapping from the gorgeous elements.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the woodgrain on the tag!

Ingrid Kristina V said...

I love how simple yet delicate and beautiful it is! Just like you! Gorgeous! xx

Lalo said...

Pretty tag! lots of lovely details!

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Thank you for your comment! Re speed craft challenge... It would be great to have you join us next time. Feel free to email me - there's a contact form on my blog - so I can send you the details for the next speed craft challenge. It's fun! Xx

crafty creations said...

Hi Virginia - and oh what a beautiful tag you have created - all that texture - wonderful

Mines up it would be great if you'd visit

Deepti said...

The touch of wood grain is fabulous and of course love the happy colors :)

joy said...

Love this tag, Virginia! Tim does have some wonderful things for us to play with, doesn't he?

Donna B. said...

What a great tag. I really like the texture and color added by that woodgrain stencil. Thanks so much for playing at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge again this month!

Shelly said...

Gorgeous!!! Love it!

Rahmat said...

You cant be short of ideas for tags Virginia, your tags always look effortlessly beautiful and creative....I just can't seem to get it with tags ;)

Barb Ghig said...

Why am I always late for the party?! This is such an awesome tag, Virginia! I love, love the touch of woodgrain, and your butterfly is stunning! Such a GORGEOUS tag!!!

Sheila H said...

Your tag has great texture and beautiful colors :)

Rachel said...

love what you did with the inspiration! your tag is really pretty, as always! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Lynn said...

Aww, super sweet! Love the small pops of color! Thanks for playing along in the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!