Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Using Die Cut as a Stencil!

I have a fun card to share with you today. This card was created with a die cut! Have you ever tried using a die as a stencil? It's so easy to do, yet it really maximize your dies without spending the extra money!
I used this die called  Small Circle Burst Craft Dies by Memory Boxyay!

This die is so intricate and I don't think I used it much at all. Here is what I came up with as my first idea. I used it as a stencil after making the die cut on a piece of paper. I sprayed Mister Huey over the "stencil" and created this simple card. The sentiment is from CAS-ual Fridays.

Now I need to work on how to use the actual die as a die...
Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Barb said...

Wonderful way to use a die-cut, V! Love the colors and sequins! ♥

Alanna said...

I love your card and what a great idea to turn your stencil into a die.

joy said...

This is one of my favorite dies; must try your technique, V.

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous Virginia. I like doing this with some of my dies too.

Sheila H said...

Very cool idea and effect, Virginia.

Lynn said...

Love it Virginia!

cm said...

Gorgeous, Virginia...adding that die to my ever expanding Memory Box list!
~c

Charlene said...

Awesome idea and great card!

conil said...

OMG, I have that die...it's one I've pondered over frequently on how to use it. Sun is the only thing I could come up with until today...this is brilliant. WOW! I'm so excited.

Greta said...

I truly love this card, Virginia! I've admired that die every time I see it & now again! I just cut a stencil from a die for embossing paste & now I'm going to try using it with my sprays--thanks for the inspiration!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful card! It's so festive and I love that you added the sequins!

Shelly said...

Such a fun card! Love the die as a stencil...very cool!

Michelle said...

very clever! Love the fun colors too!

Cindy C. said...

Cool!!!

Annette Allen said...

very cool...

Carol McCready said...

I've been wanting to use a die cut as a stencil. Thank you for the inspiration.

~amy~ said...

This is awesome.

Lorraine A said...

I have this die and have only used it once ,,, not published yet ;-) and I love how you have used it to make a stencil, will be CASE'ing this idea :-)

luv
Lols x x x