Tuesday, September 16, 2014

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps New Release (Day 3)


Today is day 3 of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamp New Release. The featured stamp set is called "Snowflakes"! 

I  ADORE the snowflakes in this set. They come in many different sizes and designs.

I chose assorted blues (Tumble Glass, Broken China and Faded Jeans) and a bit of silver (Delicata Ink)  to create the snowflake scene!  I also bent the sentiment to make the design flow...as if the snowflakes are falling down all over the place....
Ding---> when creating a cascading/flowing design: first, decide where the open space is, then stamp around the space with various intensity. Make sure you stamp the edges to make the design more defined.
I have been sharing our travel photos with you. Here is some random eye candy for ya!
(photo credit: Stephanie K. Lu. See more Flickr photos here)

This photo was taken at the market in Venice...see those fresh produce? They make me want to COOK right now.
 Treats we bought in Venice... I still have the pistachio one in the wrap!
  I hope that you check out my design team mates' beautiful work (see here).
Thanks so much for stopping by!

14 comments:

Sheila H said...

The blue and silver combo is quite eye pleasing and festive. I love the movement conveyed by the sentiment.

Sheila H said...

I forgot to say your pictures are yummy :)

~amy~ said...

Love your awesome card...great colors!
yum to the pictures!

Jingle said...

Your card is very pretty! Those treats look so yummy!

cm said...

Gorgeous card, Virginia; the cascading snowflakes, the blue background, the bent sentiment are incredibly eye-catching! And the treats...yummmm!
~c

Barb said...

Delicious looking treats and I adore your card, V! Gorgeous blues and a wonderful design! ♥

Annette Allen said...

wow pretty card.. love all those snowflakes..

Shelly said...

Beautiful card!!! And love the photos...looks yummy! ;)

conil said...

Lolve you choice of colors for the snowflakes and the way they "fall" on the card. Beautiful...so's that produce.

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful stamping! I love the variety of colors and the overlap, so wintry!

Cris G said...

Love the dynamic provided by the bent sentiment and cold look of your card, very appropriate.
I'm just like you, love to see fresh, juicy and well organised vegetables and fruits, just seeing them makes me feel healthier :). Your picture is gorgeous.

Deepti said...

Awesome card :)

Barb Ghig said...

I love all the different shades of blue you chose for your snowflakes, and your sentiment looks so pretty on a wavy pattern, Virginia! Such a beautiful card, as always!

Thanks for the 'light bulb' tips and for sharing more photos from your trip :) That market looks like a great place to get some fresh produce, and the cookies look amazing!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh look at those snowflakes dancing around your card, Virginia! Just gorgeous!! Love your curved sentiment too, it add so much to your design. Thanks for sharing more of your photos, you know I'm always anxious to see them!