Thursday, September 18, 2014

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps New Release (Day 5)

Today is day 5 of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamp New Release. The featured stamp set is called "Sleigh Bells and Bell Tag Fri-Dies"!

Merry Christmas 
For my card, I tried to use as many stamps from this set as possible. So I took out the shorter sentiment and made my own text patterned paper. Then I stamped the bell image over and used the die to cut it out. Easy! In order to give the bell some shine, I chose the silver glitter paper (DCWV) to add some accents to the design. I then used the silver confetti (from Pretty Pink Posh) and also added a bow and fine silver string to decorate the bell!

Today's random photo share....

My daughter Stephanie took these photos...aren't they breath-taking?
We came across this lovely cafe while we wandered around the tiny paths in Venice. The buildings are beautifully coloured. My daughter said it's "like a J.Crew catalog but decaying".

 A cafe in Venice

I hope that you check out my design team mates lovely work on this stamp set (see here). 
 Thanks so much for stopping by!

18 comments:

Sheila H said...

I love that you made your own patterned paper for the bell, Virginia. The sentiment makes a cute and playful bell. The ribbon is a nice pop.

Annette Allen said...

wow those pictures that Stephanie took are GORGEOUS.. she must have an awesome camera.. love how the color pops..

your card is gorgeous.. love this new set..

Jingle said...

Your card is so cute! I love the text stamped in the bell! And those photos are just gorgeous!

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE your card, Virginia! Great pictures too. Thanks for sharing.

cm said...

Gorgeous showcase of the new set, Virginia..the text on the bells is ever so eye-catching! The photos of your trip over the past few days have me 'this close' to packing my bags and going on an adventure! Such marvelous sites, and I especially love you had opportunity to share it with your family. Memories to treasure...
~c

Deepti said...

The text on the stamp is such a fun idea :) love the card

Marcie Sharp said...

I really love the text background you made for the bell! I'm enjoying your trip pictures; it's making me want to go on a trip!

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Verginia, I love the design, colours and elements!!
I love those gorgeous photos, I'd love to be sitting in that cafe how eating pasts - big sigh!!!

hugs
Heather xx

conil said...

Love the way you've used the jingle bell for the big bell's clapper. But think that making your own background for the big bell is just so clever. Looks, to me, that Stephanie's as good as the rest of the ffamily at taking photos. Gorgeous pics.

Miriam Prantner said...

I really love how you combined the bells! Love the sparkle too!

Harriet said...

Stephanie has a good mind and a poetic heart. The photo of the café: I imagined myself sitting with a glass of wine, watching while enjoying the scent of the flowers. Thanks Virginia I had a lovely trip.

Shelly said...

Such a fun and sweet Christmas card! Love the bell! And yes, what GORGEOUS photos! <3

Lisa said...

Such a pretty Christmas card and pretty photos too!!

Janice said...

A brilliant card, love the stamps used and gorgeous pictures. Venice looks lovely, Jx

Dawn Turley said...

fabulous card Virginia. Your Stephanie is a talented photographer. Lovely photos.

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card my Friend and that Stephanie, what an artist she is! She nailed it! It is like a J.Crew catalog ;o)

Barb Ghig said...

Boy, I really did get behind! Another really pretty card, Virginia! I love the striking red bow with this ornament...so charming!

Please thank Stephanie for the gorgeous photos! She is so talented!

Michelle said...

I was just whizzing back through your posts that I have missed recently, and had to pause to say that Stephanie's photos are AMAZING! She's a very talented photographer. I'm coming back to carefully read all your travel stories. It looks like it was a wonderful holiday. :-)