Friday, September 19, 2014

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps New Release (Day 6 )

 Today is the last day of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamp new release. The featured set is "Hanukkah Fri-Dies". This set is the matching set with the previously released 8 Happy Nights. Since the Fri-Dies are so easy to use, I made several Dreidels easily.
Happy H.
I first white-embossed the Dreidels, then I colored them with Distress markers, then I used the water brush to cover the entire image. It was so easy and fun to do. Then I used the Fri-Dies to cut them out. Assemble, voila!

Since the Fri-dies come with three dies and I felt so inspired, I made another..
Happy Hanukkah
I made two die cuts with silver and navy blue card stock. The tiniest stars were stamped in Delicata with the 8 Happy Nights set.  I assembled the Star of David like a puzzle. 

Today's random photo share...
Looking down from the top of St. Mark's Basilica
One of the many narrow streets in Venice
 I hope that you check out my design team mates work on these Fri-Dies (see here).
Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Jingle said...

Virginia, these are GORGEOUS! I so love them! The watercoloring on the Dreidels is so pretty!

Marcie Sharp said...

Lovely cards Virginia! I like that the DT all seemed to have similar colour schemes but still each card is unique!

Sheila H said...

Your cards are so nicely designed and composed, Virginia. Each is a standout. Your pictures are lovely.

Barb said...

Beautiful cards, V! Love how you colored the Dreidels! And the silver and blue combo on your second card is so striking! ♥

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving the embossed/watercolored dreidels and love that you used glitter paper on the second card for the silver!

Annette Allen said...

wow great cards.. love the embossing and those stars are awesome..

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Cutest dreidels ever!And love your silver and blue stars of David. TFS

Cris G said...

Love the stars, Virginia. The silver stars are awesome. Gorgeous watercolor Dreidels, too.

Shelly said...

Such sweet cards!!! And another two amazing photos! ;)

conil said...

Saw both your cards over at Casual Fridays...love 'em, especially the dreidl card...great color. Magnificent pics...maybe you should be a photographer, hmmmm.

Deepti said...

I love those water colored dreidels :) Fabulous designs :)

alexandra s.m. said...

SUBLIME!! You can do it all!
Thanks for the pictures also...
xx

mimijudy1975 said...

Virginia, I love how you colored the Dreidels in such pretty inks. The Star of David card is gorgeous with the way you made different sizes of the Silver Glittery Stars and brought them all together in this beautiful card. I know someone will be very happy to receive this. It should be a keepsake .



Alanna said...

Great cards. I really love the second one.

Barb Ghig said...

Really beautiful Hanukkah cards, Virginia! The color combo is so elegant on this holiday, and I love how you stayed true to that! Love your designs, too!

That's a 'street'? Where I grew up, it's called an alley way...yikes!