Friday, September 26, 2014

Playing with Paper Smooches Dies

 Hello, friends! I recently acquired some Paper Smooches Dies. 
I don't think I have any leaf dies...so the PS Large Leaves Wise Dies were just perfect for me! With the new dies, I just needed a challenge ...Paper Smooches Challenge (Anything Goes) 
just provided me the chance to --just do it!
 Lately I find myself loving to create my own color paper with water-colors! I finally got a hold of heavier watercolor paper from Strathmore (110 lb) from Michael's. I absolutely love it!

This is the result.
you are wonderful
Edited: after the watercolor paper dried, I sprayed Sheer Shimmer Spritz over, so you can see a bit of shine on the leaves.

It's been a while since I made a fall wreath. Making this card was awesome and it reminded me of my early attempt of making a wreath for our front door. 

 The trickiest part ,when making this card, was arranging the leaves on the wreath. I don't know how long it took me to place all the leaves in their current positions but I like how it turned out. I am planning to give this fall card to someone special. 

Thanks for stopping by! 

31 comments:

Lisa said...

This is darling Virginia!!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Beautiful Virginia!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your watercoloured leaves Virginia! Beautiful.

Julie C. said...

Wonderful card! Your leaves are pretty!

Kerilyn H. said...

I love the way you've coloured your leaves, and the way the sentiment packs a punch - lovely clean and bold card!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

That's a winner. This is stunning Virginia! Such a great, bold, wreath!

Dawn Turley said...

Stunning Virginia. The colours are amazing.

Niki G said...

Wow Virginia the wreath is gorgeous! Love the colors!!

Petti said...

gorgeous colour of the leaves! totally fabulous!

Lynn said...

The effort to make the wreath was well worth it. Love the gorgeous colors and the twine behind the wreath.

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous. I love the wreath.

Sheila H said...

Love your fall colored leaves, Virginia! This is so eye catching. The wreath has lovely depth and dimension.

Tess Hackett said...

Fabulous, that's a stunning card.

Annette Allen said...

love how you used these dies Virginia.. those leaves are gorgeous.. I so love fall.. can't wait to see all the trees changing.. nicely done my friend..

richardbreaks said...

Your leaves are just wonderful. It IS all about the placement, isn't it?

Miriam Prantner said...

The leaves are gorgeous and I love how you sprinkled in some sequins!

conil said...

Well the time you've invested in placing those gorgeous leaves perfectly is well worth it. Lovely wreath...

Bobby said...

What a beautiful wreath, Virginia. I made one similar years ago but had trouble keeping the leaves stuck down. I'm with you on coloring your own paper, either watercolor or Distress Inks. So much fun!

Dotty Jo x said...

Stunning! The placement is totally perfect, Jo x

Harriet said...

Someone special is going to love this card....beautiful.

Cindy C. said...

Charming wreath!! And the colours are wonderful!!

Jenny said...

I absolutely adore your wreath Virginia, those leaves look stunning and are perfectly placed :0)
Thanks for joining in the challenge at PS Sparks this week :0)

Bethany Stellpflug said...

so adorable and pretty Virginia! Hehe puts me in a fall mood! :D

donna mikasa said...

So beautiful, Virginia! I would have loved to see a video on how you constructed the wreath. It's perfect and gorgeous!

Cris G said...

Gorgeous! The colors are beautiful and the whole wreath is adorable.

Alice Wertz said...

your leaf wreath is gorgeous, Virginia!! such a beauty!

Sarah Gray said...

Gorgeous - love the watercoloured leaves! The colours are soft and vibrant at the same time :) Those dies look great.

lenny said...

Oh my ...this is so gorgeous!! Love the little wreath! Those watercolored leaves are stunning! wow!!

Anni said...

Wow, the colors are magnificent! Such a beautiful fall card!
Virginia, du machst die hübschesten Karten!
Anni

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE this wreath, Virginia! I LOOOOOOOOOVE that you created your own paper--- you are just soooooooo creative! LOVE LOVE LOVE you!

THANKS so much for joining in the fun with the PSS challenge! I hope you play along again--- love visiting your page;) <3

Tell everyone I said HELLO!!!!!!!!!! HUGS!

Laura B. said...

So gorgeous! Love the vibrant leaves turned into wreath! So festive and happy!