Monday, September 8, 2014

Stamp and Stencils

I am sharing a card that I used two stencils Dotlets (Penny Black), Polka Dot (Heidi Swapp)
and  Wonderful and Jolly (Penny Black)
And here it is....
018
 Supplies: Neon Inks (Imagine Crafts), Delicata Silver Shimmer Ink (Tsukineko), silver flat metallic sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

edited:
Ding---> Choose a stamp set that is BEYOND the obvious reasons...namely, think of the potentials of the stamp sets. In this set, the sentiment (that I used) and the lights can be used for other occasions, too! What do you think? I love this colorful background because it is not only fitting for Christmas, but for any celebratory occasions ( such as birthday)! If you told me that I would be using a lot of stencils last year, I would have been quite surprised! Who knew, right?

Thanks for stopping by! 
PS: I was told by a lovely loyal follower to my blog that she loves the "Creative Light Bulb". I will try to feature this more often. Thanks for the reminder!

27 comments:

Niki G said...

Wow! Totally love the combination of the 2 stencils and love the fact that you could use that sentiment year round!

donna mikasa said...

Oooh, you managed to create a party on a card! So fun and festive--love the stenciled dots!

Lynn said...

Love the sentiment fonts...wow! And the stencil is perfect. Could see this being used for so many occasions! Love it!

Dawn Turley said...

Love the colours you chose here Virginia. Great use of stencils.

Sheila H said...

Your combining the stencils is such a cool idea, Virginia. Love the colors and that big, bold sentiment.

joy said...

Love the combination of stencils and the colors are so happy!!

Happy Dance said...

Stencils are so much fun, aren't they?! Love these non-traditional colors in this wonderfully CAS Christmas card! And you're right, this design and these colors would work for so many cards. Love this. Bev

Piali Biswas said...

Gorgeous card! Love, love, love it!

Barb said...

LOVE this fun, happy card, V! Fab color combo! ♥

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love it! Great colors!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the combination of silver and neon, I'd never think to do it, but it looks beautiful!

Carol McCready said...

Such a fun card. Love those colors.

conil said...

Yes, the craft products we love change dramatically year to year. You always seem to put them to excellent use, though I wonder where you find the time. Have to say, I love the combo of the silver and neon...looks yummy.

Laura Norris said...

What fun! Great celebration card Virginia!

Dotty Jo x said...

Oh, this is simply darling! Jo x

Barb Ghig said...

I love all the fun dots on this card, Virginia! Really fun color combo, and I love how you added silver to the mix! Such a pretty sentiment, too!

Charlene said...

I agree with Donna! A party on a card fabulous!!

Petti said...

Great design!

GeeCee said...

Yup...you did it again Virginia! It's a beauty! I love the stamp used here. Thank you for the privilage :) -glenna

Cris G said...

Love the color combo... neons and silver, it's unique and gorgeous. The sentiment is perfect with all the different fonts.

Laura B. said...

Love this stencil so much and with those neon inks, even better! That sentiment is gorgeous as well...fabulous holiday card!

alexandra s.m. said...

swoon...so pretty!
great use of products my Friend!
Thank You~

~amy~ said...

Oooohhhhhhhh....I love it! Awesome stenciling and fun pops of color!

Nora N. said...

This is awesome!!! I love the fun stamps and the stencil makes makes the dots POP off the page!!

Shelly said...

Ooooh, so pretty! Love the stenciling!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love your use of the stencils and great colours! I have been loving stencils of late too!

Clare said...

Holy WOW, do I love this card!! Your color choices are impeccable and the confetti looks so realistic "falling down"!! Just LOVE it!