Monday, September 1, 2014

Virginia's View Challenge #7

Hello! Happy September! Time for another new challenge over Virginia's View!  This time, we are having 8 talented guest designers in one post along with mine. To keep things simple (for me to take a blog break), I think this is the best way to keep you inspired throughout the challenge. 

 How do you like to play with pattern paper? I bet you have a few stash? It's time to get them out to play with your stamps and inks! This month's challenge is fun-guaranteed!

I use the DCWV Twinkle Glints

 and the stamp set from Altenew (Magnolias for Her) to create my card.
congratulations

With the die cut from Avery Elle's Custom Panels, this card was easy to create. I stamped the magnolia in Versafine on light Lilac card stock, then I used copis to highlight the colors a bit more and gave it some shading. The rest of the card worked like a jigsaw puzzle...

I hope that you are inspired to play with your pattern paper and joined the fun! You have time till 11:55 pm (Eastern Time) on the 18th to enter the challenge. You can find out all the details here.

 I will be spending more time with family before my kids start school in the Fall! My son David is going into 3rd year in System Design Engineering in university. A few weeks ago, David was delighted to receive the highest standing for his summer co-op job evaluation. Stephanie will be into her 2nd year of PhD program in Applied Health Studies this fall. Stephanie received the BEST student poster award (out of over 100 students) for the 2014 International Eco Health conference in Montreal this summer. I am happy to see that they are taking charge of their studies and planning for their future. Even though they are grown kids now, they remain to be very close to me and Dr. John. I am truly blessed!

Well, that's it for today. I hope that you take time to check out the guest designers' work over Virginia's View Challenge! I bet you want to get your pattern paper out to play, too!
 
Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

Sheila H said...

Fabulous design, Virginia. The colors are beautiful. I hope to enter your new challenge. Congrats to Stephanie and David!

Lynn said...

Way to go Stephanie and David! Awesome...you should be so proud! xx

And I love your card...reminds me of a tuxedo for some reason! :)

Carol McCready said...

Your card is so elegant. Love that pop of purple.

Give my congrats to David & Stephanie!

Barb said...

Fun challenge, V! And your card is stunning! ♥

sandie said...

Wow your kids have done so well, congrats to them and you. I do love the rich feel to this card and all thise fab sequins x

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Virginia! Your patterned paper is so pretty with the Magnolia ~ Talk about inspiration! I can't wait to play along!

conil said...

Lovely & elegant.

~amy~ said...

wow. Love what you've done Virginia. So elegant and amazing.
Thank you so much for asking me to join in the fun!

mimijudy1975 said...

i'm so happy for you that your children are close to you .I'm sure Dr. John and you have encouraged them and set a wonderful example for them to follow. Congratulations to both of them for their achievements.
The lilac magnolia looks so pretty against the glittery silver and black flowered background.

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful challenge idea Virginia. Your card is lovely. Such a smart design.

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so elegant! Love that gorgeous paper and the curved cuts and the flower is so pretty!

Lisa said...

Beautiful card Virginia!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

I love your new challenge and the card you made for it Virginia!
Congrats on the Kiddos success they shine just like their parents! That makes me super happy ;)
Hugs~

Laura Norris said...

Enjoy the time with your kids! They both are very successful- you should be proud! Lovely card, can't wait to pull out some of my pp to play along!

Rahmat said...

Love your card Virginia! Enjoy your time with your family :)

Sarah Gray said...

Fab challenge and wonderful, luxurious card, Virginia! Your kids are obviously very talented - just like their mum :)

Shelly said...

STUNNING!!! Absolutely, beautiful!!! Love.love.love.

mayholicraft said...

This is so elegant and classy! Love the luxurious colors and fun layout! By the way, so happy for your kids. You must proud of them. Enjoy the precious time with your family. May

Lucy said...

So stunning and elegant!

Becca Cruger said...

This card is so elegant! Great job!