Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Sharing a PUBLISHED Card!

I must say that I don't get published much...but once in a blue moon, I do hit one here and there! 
Today I am sharing a card that is currently published in Paper Crafts ans Scrapbooking (November 2014 issue).

You can subscribe here. It's $9.99 a year (digital issues only)

on P. 81 (gold theme)
About making this cardWhen I created this card, I was so "in the moment" and just had fun playing with this chipboard-like Treble Clef die. Playing with distress inks and water was just too fun. Before you know it, the card was done! I wish all of my creative process is much like this one as I created with very little effort! So it does happen once in a blue moon...

life would b flat without you - Copy

 
Cardstock: white, light Kraft (Recollections by Michael’s)
Stamps: Big Treble (Cas-ual Fridays Stamps)  
Ink: Versafine (Onyx Black), Versamark by Tsukineko, Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade) by Ranger
Embossing powder: Gold (Recollections by Michael’s)
Dies: Treble Clef Fri-Dies 
Tool: Distress Ink Applicator by Ranger, Tim Holtz Water Brush by Ranger
Fibers: gold strings (Michael’s)
Finished size: 4x1/4” x 5x1/2”

The sentiment on this card feels so true to me.
Without the connections with you--my fellow card makers, bloggers, readers, followers, subscribers...

life would b flat without you
Thank you for stopping by!

42 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Beautiful! Big congrats!

Annette Allen said...

yay congratulations.. :) love this card.

Happy Dance said...

WooHoo!!!!!! Saw it, loved it! Congrats, Virginia. Well done. Bev

Barb said...

Woo, hoo! Such a fun card, V! Congrats to you! ♥

Tracey McNeely said...

Congrats and beautiful card Virginia!

Thordis said...

A big congrats from me. Your card is so beautiful :)

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Wonderful card! Congrats!

Dawn Turley said...

Congrats Virginia It is a beautiful card.

Gunilla/Nilla said...

This card is beautiful. LOVE the colors AND the gold is such a pretty detail.
Congrats to you from me.

Have a wonderful day/Gunilla

Kim M said...

I saw this in the magazine! It's fabulous! Love it. :-)

joy said...

congrats, Virginia! this is a gorgeous CAS card.

Kristie Goulet said...

Congratulations, Virginia!!! So excited for you.

Sheila H said...

Again, beautifully done, Virginia! I'm so happy for your success in being published :)

Piali Biswas said...

WOW!! Beautiful card!!! Congrats Virginia!!!

Laura B. said...

Awesome! Congrats! Love this sentiment!

Shelly said...

Woohoo!!! Congrats!!! Your card is gorgeous! <3

sandie said...

Congrats Virginia, it is CAS perfection x

Hammers said...

Congrats! Awesome to get published. Love the card too :)
Cx

Lisa said...

Congratulations Virginia, a very pretty card!!!

Laura Norris said...

This is beautiful! I can see why they picked it up for publication! Congrats!

conil said...

All I can say is, heck, I'd publish this too. It's stunning.

Bridget Larsen said...

Congratulations, lovely card

Jennie said...

Congrats to you Virginia!! This card is fabulous and LOVE the sentiment...sweet design :)

Miriam Prantner said...

The gold is just so pretty! Love this!

Catherine Pooler said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Virginia! Congrats!

Isha Gupta said...

Love your card Virginia. Congrats!

Angie Tieman said...

Gorgeous!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, I love this and I can see why it was published! Big congrats, sweet friend!

Cindy C. said...

My oh my!!! Big congrats Virginia!! The treble clef looks so gorgeous, and that sentiment is the perfect match!!!

Joyce said...

Congrats on your publication. Love this card--that treble clef is gorgeous. Love how you inked it.

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Yay! Congrats! So pretty and colorful. TFS

Katie said...

I LOVE this card and the sentiment is PERFECT!!

Lin said...

Not surprised at all that this was chosen for publication, Virginia! Love the beautiful colors you used!

Barb Ghig said...

CONGRATS again on your publication, Virginia! Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS, and so deserving to be published! So, so happy for you!!!

shirley-bee said...

This is fabulous, Virginia! Love the treble clef.

alexandra s.m. said...

So beautiful and oh so clever!
Thanks Virginia and DITTO ;o)

Kelly Griglione said...

Yay, Virginia!! What an awesome card to have published ... I'm sure Michele was beaming : ) Love how you colored the treble clef!!

Deepti said...

Yay! Congratulations on the superb publication news ! I love love love ur card

aaga said...

This one is a perfect card, I like everything about it. No wonder, they chose it, congrats, V!

cm said...

Virginia, I'm late in commenting, but I have gazed at and admired this card every day since it appeared on my Feedly. Stunning and classy...love it!!
~c

auntbubbels said...

How exciting, I think all your cards should be published!!!

Lynn Fletcher said...

Love this. My husband and I sing in our church so this Treble clef and the sentiment would be perfect to have. TFS! :)