Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge # 283

This is my 2nd post for today. For Virginia's View Challenge, please click here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Transport it

This is a transportation-themed challenge. You can use any type of transportation image in your project. For examples: cars, planes, ships, bikes...etc.

 We are using Simple Stories this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-) 

For my project, I used Simple Stories DIY Boutique Foundations for my card. I was pleasantly surprised by how much you can create from using these double-sided pocket cards. I cut out the images from the journal cards and then I created a cool backdrop for my stamped image. I chose a hot air balloon from Past Times (Hero Arts). The sentiment is from Simon Says Exclusive I love Donuts. Isn't that speech bubble darling?

you're amazing  

 This card was really easy to do. The only time-consuming part is the stitching. I hand-stitched the punched circles. I used a circle as a guide and paper-pierced the holes, then I hand-stitched the ( almost) half circle. I also added some yellow sequins and used Clearsnap Smooch ( or Liquid Pearls) to add some tiny accents to the design. I hope that you are inspired to create something with the transportation theme. You can take this chance to make a manly card or encouragement/uplifting type of cards!?

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.


You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by! 

24 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh this is so absolutely fun. Love how you've stitched on the circles.

Jingle said...

Virginia, this is just awesome! It is bright, sunny, and fun! Love it!

Lin said...

Yes, FUN is the word, Virginia! I've never been up in one of these balloons, but I'd love to have that experience! Love this colorful creation!

Annette Allen said...

so fun Virginia.. loving all those bright colors.. great designing..

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Virginia :-) I love the balloon and bright colours, the whole design of this is such fun and I love the stitching too, I was wondering how you did that ,, neat job !! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Miriam Prantner said...

How fun! Love the bright colors and the circles and the semicircular stitching!

Deepti said...

Love the way u stiched the circles :) Colors are simply fabulous !

Heather said...

A fabulous card Virginia, I love your design and lovely bright colours - your stitching and circles are stunning!!

hugs
Heather xx

Cindy C. said...

Super fun design, I really like the curved stitches!!

Shelly said...

Totally, FUN card!!! LOVE.IT.

Sheila H said...

Your stitching is a nice homespun touch, Virginia. I love all the circles. Your color combo is so bright and cheerful.

Sarah Gray said...

Love the bright colours and combination of elements that you have used! The curved stitching adds great movement too :)

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Stunning colors and design, Virginia! I love everything about this card!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Cris G said...

Yay! Fun card Virginia, love the stitching... so unique.

Barb Ghig said...

WOW! What a fun card, Virginia! I love the bright, bold colors and how you hand-stitched the circles! The hot air balloon is so cool and your B&W speech bubble is fabulous! Super inspiring card for the challenge...Thanks!

~amy~ said...

excellent! Great idea, love the hot air balloon!

Lee-Anne said...

I love this bright, fun card, Virgina! The stitching really kicks it up a notch!

joy said...

What a fun and happy card, Virginia! Your stitching is so nicely done. Thank you for your inspiration!

Lisa said...

Bright, happy and oh so fun!!

Laura B. said...

So fun! I just love your bright and happy cards. That hot hair balloon image is so cool and those stitches really make it special!

Teresa Kline said...

awesome design Virginia!

sparkle & shine *~*

donna mikasa said...

I love this card so much! Bright colors, fun design--just awesome!!

Jo Nevill said...

Such a brilliant layout and so bright and colourful, I love it Virginia.


Jo x

Hammers said...

Gorgeous card Virginia, I love the little circles. Cx