Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge # 286

wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Color Coordinates Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

GET CRAFTY AND USE KRAFT


 We are using one of my favorite brands--Hero Arts this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-)

For my project, I used  Retro Frame and Lil Hoot . I am sharing 10 tips about "how to use kraft card stock".  Please make sure that you check them out!

  so proud of you

It's always fun to create a little "scene" by combining stamps. With the kraft card stock, it is a good idea to use pattern paper! The colors and pattern look especially sharp with the kraft card stock. First I embossed the Retro Frame in white. Then I paper-pieced the images with Fresh Cut (Basic Grey). I also cut out the leaves from the owl image in this set to add interest to the design. I hope you like it!
 

Ding---> What can you do with kraft card stock?

1. Paper-piecing proves to be a fun and creative way to use up your stash of pattern paper
2. Color the stamped/embossed image with color pencils and blend it with mineral water
3. Emboss the images ( the ones with outlines) in a few colors of embossing powder
4. Kraft card stock makes colorful images POP ( see here
5. Break up your stamped image with kraft card stock to add interest (see here)
6. Kraft card stock makes a wonderful background (see here)
7. Try stamping AND embossing on kraft card stock! (see here)
8. Kraft card stock can add textures to your design (see here)  
9. Kraft card stock makes the best TAGS (see here and here)
10. Experiment with (white) chalk ink and stamp (see here)
 
I hope that I didn't overload you on jump-starting your Get Crafty project :) 

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.


You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by! 

16 comments:

Barb said...

Delightful card, Virginia! Love those sweet elephants and all the details you've added! So cute! ♥

Lin said...

SO cute, Virginia! Love the colors you used against the kraft!

Shelly said...

EEK! SO cute, Virginia!!! Love the elephants!

Charlene said...

SO cute!

Miriam Prantner said...

Very cute! Love the 'grass' and sequins and gems!

conil said...

I just love the Little Hoot set and you've really showcased it perfectly. Just an adorable card.

Deepti said...

So adorable :)

Lisa said...

Awww this is so cute!!

Barb Ghig said...

I really love this card, Virginia! The papers you chose for the images look amazing with the Kraft background, and I love your white embossed frame!
Thanks so much for including tips for us...I need to use my Kraft cardstock more often :)

Nancy said...

I think I have seen this adorable stamp set one to many times, Virginia! I think I need it now! Such amazing inspiration and I hope to play along too!

Cris G said...

So sweet and pretty! I will do my best to be in this one... love kraft cardstock.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute, love it.
luv
Debby

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Virginia, A fabulous design and I love the scene you've created with the adorable image!!

hugs
Heather xx

Kathy (krolski) said...

Adorable card Virginia! Love the elephants! :)

jenn shurkus said...

what a fun little safari scene :) love it!!

Lorraine A said...

super cute card Virginia :-) the colours and whole design is adorable :-)

luv
Lols x x x