Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge


wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the  Transport It Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Watercolor 

You can use watercolor paints, pencils, crayons, gelatos, distress inks, whatever you can think of. You can create backgrounds, color stamped images or die cuts, or color a stamp, spritz with water and use the direct to paper technique.

I love watercolors so much, I actually made TWO projects to share. 
 First up, it's a fun and cute one. 

With Emboss Resist, I colored the I love Donuts (Simon Says Stamp) with
Peerless Pretty in Pink . Aren't the colors lovely? I also love the puny sentiment...

donut know how you do it...

For my 2nd project, I decided to make a 8x8 page layout for my mini album. I chose to use a Pinwheel Creative Die Penny Black).  

Basically I created my own watercolor paper with Peerless Watercolor. Then I made the die cut....since it's so easy to make multiples, I think it is perfect to embellish a layout. I also used the circle border from Textures to stamp the background. 

blessed

  With this following photo, you can easily see how I created this project.

 Here is a close-up of the "pinwheels" (I used them as flowers)
As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.


You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by! 

20 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful water coloring on both cards - so bright and happy! love your pinwheel flowers on your mini page - AND that gorgeous blue water in the photo!

Lin said...

2 lovely projects, Virginia! Love the tropical feel your flowers gave to the layout!

Jingle said...

Your card is super cute, but I have to say I am IN LOVE with the flowers on that layout! SO pretty!

Barb said...

Love them both, V but that layout with those amazing flowers is fabulous! Nicely done, my friend!

Lorraine A said...


Gorgeous card Virginia :-) love the donut and the vibrant pink background.
The layout is awesome too ! Lovely photo and the flowers look beautiful :-)

luv
Lols x x x

conil said...

Amazing color...that card is so cute. But your page is spectacular.

Annette Allen said...

what a fun card.. and lOVE your layout.. those flowers are gorgeous

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous background, and I love, love, love your flowers! You always come up with so many wonderful ideas...Thanks so much for inspiring us!

Heather said...

Fabulous creations Virginia, I love your cute donut with a pretty background. The flowers on you page are beautiful!!

hugs
Heather xx

Patricia Coffin said...

Your cards are so cute and colorful.

Caryn said...

This card is so fun Virginia - I love the sentiment and bright bold colours. Gorgeous layout too - so pretty.

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Loving the fun, bright colors! So cheery :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Laura B. said...

such amazing & vibrant colors!!! love how fun the flowers look on your layout!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your takes on it Virginia!
Laura is right, you have achieved such vibrancy it just shines through! Beautiful!!
Thanks to You, I just posted my take ;)

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card but love those flowers on your scrapbook page.
luv
Debby

Dawn Turley said...

awesome Virginia. Just love the watercolour flowers.

Isha Gupta said...

Beautiful card and a lovely LO Virginia.

Deepti said...

Love the pink wash on the card and beautiful flowers on the layout :)

aaga said...

Your layout makes me happy... :) and reminds me of the fact that should begin to take photos of my wedding album I've benn creating for months. LOL

Teresa Kline said...

hey Virginia! what gorgeous watercolor flowers and i luv the bright background on your card...sweet! hope you have a super weekend!

sparkle & shine *~*