Friday, October 17, 2014

STAMPlorations Guest Design-Take 2!

This is my 2nd post of the day. For my CAS-ual Fridays project, please visit here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am sharing my 2nd card for the guest design over STAMPlorations.

http://stamplorations.auctivacommerce.com/VIGNETTE-Trendy-Feathers-P4932214.aspx

I used this lovely set called Trendy Feathers.
Thinking of you
In this card, I used two types of embossing powder (white and gold). I then stamped more feather images in orange dye ink. The orange card stock is from Grand Bazaar (Basic Grey). I split the panel to add dimension for the sentiment.  Hope you like what I created for my guest design.  It will be awesome if you can join the STAMPlorations challenge. You can check out the challenge guideline here.

I hope you are enjoying the lovely fall days...
Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Shery said...

Beautiful card, Virginia! I love the white, gold, and orange combo. I've never tried two-toned (or two-color) embossing (a bit chicken and OC about mixing my powders) but I'd love to try it after seeing your card. Hope you have a lovely weekend! I so appreciate your creating a second card for the October Challenge. You rock!

Susanne Vargas said...

This is fantastic what you did with those feather stamps that are still sitting in my NBUS box waiting patiently! Thanks for the inspiration!

My Paper Epiphany said...

They are gorgeous stamps aren't they! I love your clever design and the very trendy colour scheme!

Carole said...

great card very clever stamping, i am making some feather cards using a different set of stamps x

Lin said...

I love that the feathers have patterns in them! Beautifully done, V!!

Harriet said...

Virginia you keep getting better and better. Love the colors, love the embossing....lovely card.

conil said...

I'll say I like it. It's beautifully designed. Love the contast between the embossing and die ink.

LauraJane:) said...

I really like the tone on tone stamping with the double shot of color embossing!
Great effect:)

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful! love the subtle tone-on-tone stamping on the background. such a pretty card, Virginia!! i need to remember about your challenge! =) hope you are having a fabulous weekend, my friend! <3

Shelly said...

Ooooh, so pretty! LOVE those colors and feathers!

Annette Allen said...

yay for guest designing and wow you totally rocked it..

Laura B. said...

gorgeous two-toned embossing...and I love that cut-out panel for the sentiment so much!

Deepti said...

The two toned embossing give such a fabulous look. Love the design and the bold orange u used !

Dawn Turley said...

gorgeous. A very effective colour scheme Virginia

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving the dual embossing colors, very striking!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful effect, Virginia! These feathers are so pretty, and your embossing is gorgeous!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

How absolutely delightful Virginia!
Thank You~