Friday, October 10, 2014

Thanks A Ton

Hi there! 
Do you ever create a special sentiment for your card design? I must confess that I rarely do that. But then sometimes you just HAVE to, right? It was simply that I did not have the perfect stamp to use for the sentiment that matched the images on my card.

Today's card is an example. 
008
Over the weekend, I was taking part in all of the festivities over StampNation.We have different countries to be inspired by. I happened to love the image of S. Africa and this was what I did...
thanks a ton
Supplies: Ori-Kami (Altenew), Peerless Watercolor, Strathmore watercolor paper (110 lbs), Fancy Pants Stickers, gold embossing powder (Michael's), gold strip of paper.

I took out Fancy Pants alphabet stickers and made it work with the elephant images. This is a slightly larger card (measures 6" x 4 1/4"). Well, I didn't want to cut off more elephants' head or tail (that would be cruel!!). Also, the larger size makes the perfect statement for this heavy-weight design! 

Don't forget...
--> you can enter the watercolor challenge over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (see here)
--> you can also play Virginia's View Challenge "Clean and Simple" (see here). 

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

I love the watercoloring and the bright colors! So pretty!

Cindy C. said...

Like you said Virginia, if there's a will there's a way! You've made it work perfectly!! And the water colour sun set in the BG looks faboulous!

Sheila H said...

Your sentiment is perfect for your card, Virginia. The elephants look great against the water color background.

conil said...

Oh my gosh...love this card & the clever sentiment. The colors are so fantastic.

~amy~ said...

simply gorgeous Virginia!

Barb Ghig said...

You are so clever, Virginia! I love how you created your sentiment, and your water colored background is so beautiful! LOVE the images in this Altenew set, too!

I hope you and your family are having a very Happy Thanksgiving weekend...Enjoy!!!