Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Today's Special

 Let's start with a card I made a long time ago, but I never shared it till today.
today's Special
 It was my early attempt of making a card with chalkboard effect. Yes, there are green chalkboards and you can see them here and here. The rolled-up paper at the bottom right were supposed to be "chalks"! LOL...you get the idea!

 If you visit my blog frequently, you know I blog about cards, cards and more cards...and occasionally, I blog about our family travels. Since our kids are now grown and I am into middle age, the best thing is life is to see the world with my beloved family. I USED to blog a lot about food. Because....I love to eat. In fact, it was suggested to me a while ago that I should start a food blog! Although my family LOVE and ENCOURAGE that idea (you wonder why), I never made it to fruition. Somethings gotta give...

This 16- lbs turkey was not huge, but it was PLENTY for a family of 4. 
My pet cat Alexia posed with the turkey.
We didn't have a fancy Thanksgiving dinner. Instead, we had all the essentials for a Thanksgiving dinner.
Hopefully, when I come up with nice turkey leftovers, I will share a photo or two.
Leftover #1
Turkey Vegetable Soup: a can of Campbell tomato soup, diced turkey, corn, celery, sweet potato, rice

Bon Appetit!
Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Lovely card, Virginia! You shouldn't be hiding such gems from us! :)
Now you just made me hungry! The turkey looks yummy! :) xxx

Cindy C. said...

Yum!!! That turkey looks great!!

Annette Allen said...

wow gorgeous card and yummy food.. always great when you have left overs..

Lin said...

Great post, Virginia! Love your card and your dinner looks yummy, especially the leftovers!

Deepti said...

Great card and Happy thanksgiving!! Looks like u had an amazing dinner :)

Barb said...

Sounds like you had a perfect Thanksgiving, Virginia! The food looks soooo yummy!

Love your beautiful card too - awesome colors! ♥

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Oh my goodness this is too cute! Love the chalk at the bottom!

sandie said...

Pink and green, what not to like! And yummy Turkey!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the green chalkboard, and especially the chalk! The turkey looks great!

conil said...

Thanks for that quick and easy turkey-veg soup recipe. I'll be sure to save it for next month when we have Thanksgiving in the States.

alexandra s.m. said...

YUM!!! I love your card Virginia, the little chalks at the bottom are so adorable too!
I love it when you blog about food too, I can still remember when David would make his famous Meringue Pie! I was blown away with the result! And speaking of Pies, I was wondering what kind of desert(s) you liked to have on ThanksGiving dinner?
Thank You!!

Cris G said...

Your card is super, Virginia! Love the chalkboard look and the little chalks at the bottom :). I hope you and your family (including Alexa, the tourist guide and gastronomy expert) had a wonderful ThanksGiving day. The dinner looks yummy!

Alice Wertz said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your super sweet family! =) One of these days I am gonna try your cooking in person! =)

the paper chalk is so clever! fabulous card as always, Virginia!

Dawn Turley said...

Lovely card and what yummy looking Thanksgiving dinner Virginia. Thanks for sharing