Saturday, October 25, 2014

Using a Delicate Die with Vellum!

Hello! I am popping in to share another creation with the NEW Penny Black die called Gossamer.

With an intricate die like this, you really can't go wrong however you use it.
I decided to use vellum. It was all because my B plate in my old Cuttlebug does not make a clean cut any more. I need a new one. So I proceeded to use vellum instead. This is the result.
Let it Snow

I stamped and embossed the snowflakes and sentiment from Snow Dancer. With the delicate diecut from the vellum, this card took little time to create.
If you have an excellent die cut machine, I highly recommend this for making multiple cards.

 Lastly, I am sharing how I used up my turkey leftover..
As I love making pies, turkey pot pie is really easy. I always make my own pie crusts. I also add some special French herbs to add to the flavor.
Here is what to do if you want to take a short cut: get frozen pie crust and add a can of Campbell Cream of Chicken to the filling. Easy peasy!

Lastly, don't forget to comment here to win a spot to take this awesome card class!
 For all the details about this wonderful class, you can find out here
If you are a StampNation Member, you will get $10 discount on the class (see here)
Thanks so much for stopping by!

17 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, your blue snowflake is GORGEOUS, Virginia! Love the bit of splatter too! Awesome card! ♥

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful card! Love that delicate die, and LOVE that sentiment too, so whimsical!

Kim M said...

This is simply stunning! That vellum die cut is beautiful. Great idea! :-)

conil said...

I'll bet you're glad you did use vellum. This turned out beautifully.

Deepti said...

The vellum adds such an amazing touch :) so pretty !

Cathy said...

Love the vellum snowflake, very pretty card, Cathy x

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card and yummy food!!!

joy said...

Love this lacy blue die cut, Virginia! Vellum is always a good option.

Niki G said...

So pretty! Love the side view photo that shows lovely details!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Virginia! Yummy looking pie too.

Dawn Turley said...

totally gorgeous Virginia. The vellum piece is amazing. Love your turkey pie. Looks very yummy.

Kristie Goulet said...

Gorgeous card, Virginia and yummy looking turkey pie!!!

~amy~ said...

Love what you've done with that gorgeous die...awesome in vellum with the blue!

I'm hungry.

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you used the vellum on this die cut, Virginia! Such a stunning background, too!
Thanks for sharing the photos of your pot pie...it looks amazing!

Sheila H said...

Love the vellum, Virginia! You make me wish for a taste of your yummy looking pot pie :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

a delectable card and dinner- super fun two-fer V!

Laura B. said...

Such a beautiful intricate vellum die cut! Love the loose thread....gimme some of dat turkey pie now!