Saturday, October 4, 2014

Virginia's Monthly Stamp Study--NEW!

Hello, friends! I am starting a new monthly series in my blog today. Basically I will be focusing on a stamp set and will use it in at least two or more different ways. I hope that we can benefit and learn how to stretch our stamps with these exercises.
The chosen stamp of this month is:
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product.aspx?id=310033

Isn't this stamp gorgeous? I have been meaning to play with this cling stamp set as soon as I received it... Finally I got to play with it the last few days. Today I am sharing two three cards that I made with this stamp set.

Card #1
I used this (new to me) Tsukineko Kaleidacolor Rainbow Dye Ink for all of the cards. This was my original design. It turned out as I had expected.

 Card #2
This card was an after-thought. Once I finished making card #1, I thought it might be a good idea to use the same inks with a few drops of water. So I applied them on my acrylic block and then inked up the white card stock...then stamped the image in Versafine. Tada!
Happy Holiday #2
For both cards, I stamped a few extra berries (see far left). That seemed to make a bit of a difference to me. Both gold sentiments were stamped in Delicata (not gold-embossed).

Card #3
Again, I stamped the image 3 times with different inks. With layered stamping, you can achieve the subtle dimensions and shades. The background was stamped with Soft Sand Shadow Ink (Hero Arts).
Happy Holiday
I hope that you like the new Virginia's Monthly Stamp Study.
This event will take place on the first Saturday of each month
Thanks for stopping by!

33 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

These are all beautiful!

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you played with this stamp, Virginia! I think the Rainbow Dye Inks enhanced the artistic design of the berries and vines, and I love the elegant sentiment! All three cards are really beautiful!
I'm looking forward to next months' Stamp Study!

Mercy Windrose said...

I think this is a great idea. I'm always looking for ways to be frugal and use stamps in multiple designs. Thanks!

Vanessa said...

Great idea, Virginia! Love your use of this stamp!

Thordis said...

Yeah! I love that you made this series. It's so much fun and inspiring when you use your stamps in so many ways...
I'm diffidently going to follow this series :)

Sheila H said...

I'm very happy you've begun this series, Virginia. You really know how to stretch your stamps, and I love seeing your examples. These cards are beautifully done.

Susanne Vargas said...

Love that the stamp study will be a monthly feature! I really enjoyed your other posts where you showed us all the ways you can use a stamp.

Dotty Jo x said...

Great cards, and a brilliant new feature, Jo x

Barb said...

Love this idea, V! We can all learn something from you about how to stretch our stamps! Beautiful cards today! ♥

Cindy C. said...

All so beautiful! I am taking notes!! :) Thanks for sharing!

Susan F. said...

Beautiful cards!

LauraJane:) said...

Really REALLY looking forward to this feature on your blog:)
Inspiring cards today...I Like the gold highlights the best.

Diane said...

Love this idea! I took an online classs using stamps in several ways and loved it too!

Sarah Gray said...

Great idea and a beautiful first stamp set! Love the variations you have shared today :)

conil said...

Good thinking. Stellar series idea. Will have to get one of these pads.

Bobby said...

I think this is a terrific idea, Virginia. I love what you did with this stamp and am thinking of a couple more way it could be used. I guess I just needed a jump start - AND that luscious stamp.

mimijudy1975 said...

This will be so interesting to see how many different looks can be achieve from just one stamp. My favorite is #3, the gold against the red is beautiful .Thanks for letting us know you used Delicate Gold,I thought the sentiments were imposed.

Dawn Turley said...

stunning cards Virginia. It is great to see how you can use a stamp and make such beautiful variations,

Laura Norris said...

What a great idea Virginia!! Your cards are so pretty. All similar but yet different!

Shery said...

I am going to be looking forward to the first Saturday of each month, Virginia!! I love learning from you and seeing your beautiful projects!

Alice Wertz said...

you are so awesome, Virginia! these are gorgeous! Happy World Card Making Day! =)

Harriet said...

These cards are wonderful.

Therese said...

Gorgeous cards Viriginia! I too love this stamp. Hope to use it in my next card project. The third card is my favorite. Love the color combinations!

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Fabulous cards, love the stamp;-))m

Miriam Prantner said...

What a fun new series! I especially love that last card with the gold accents!

Kristie Goulet said...

I love these, Virginia! I look forward to these posts and hope you do more on SN. :)

Cris G said...

Fun new feature and three beauties to document it. It's a great exercise, to you and to us. Thank you, it will surely help improving.

aaga said...

Wooohooo! Another day I'll be looking for every month. ;-)

Shelly said...

My, oh my these are gorgeous! Love the idea of Virginia's monthly stamp study! Can't wait to see more! ;)

alexandra s.m. said...

Great idea Virginia!
Love what you did here!!
Thank You~

Lin said...

What a lovely stamp! My favorite is the last card!

MaryH said...

A lovely stamp, and you've achieved some wonderful results with the different effects that you tried. Loved #3 the best I think, but all were gorgeous. TFS the ideas.

Brenda & Ian said...

VERY impressed with this concept. Most of us stampers out here in the blogosphere want to make good use of our investments in stamps, etc. Using the same stamp or die cut in a variety of ways and for a variety of occasions is something I strive for and glad you are sharing with us.

Brenda in Maple Ridge, BC