Monday, November 10, 2014

A Non-traditional Wreath

Hello! This past Saturday, I joined the Scramble Challenge over Hero Arts Flickr Group. My dear friend Lin Brandyberry was the host for this challenge. The theme was to make a wreath design under 90 minutes. You can see details here. It's time to get my wooden stamps out to play....
Textures and Shape
 Texture and Shape

Instead of a Christmas wreath, I decided to stamp with circles to create a Hello/Encouragement card.

I started by stamping the solid image and kept the color scheme light.  At the end, I embossed the solid circles and brushes in silver. The embossing powder is from Michael's. It has a mixture of white and silver. I am not terribly crazy about it, but I think it's fine in this one. I added silver strings, silver circles and sequins to complete the design. You can click on the photo to see the details.

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

I love this fun wreath and I really love the sentiments you chose too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Non traditional Virginia but really cool!

conil said...

I think it's clever and lovely.

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE LOVE LURVE!!!!!

Harriet said...

Your card is very unique, Virginia, I like it.

Lynn said...

Love how fun this is Virginia!

Lisa said...

Oooh this is nifty, great idea Virginia!

Carole said...

very nice card x

Petti said...

Great design!

Laura Norris said...

What fun!!

Cat Craig said...

Virginia, I so loved this one in the challenge gallery, its great to see it again. Wonderfully modern!

~amy~ said...

This is wonderful!! Love your stamping and design work!

Shelly said...

Ooooh, this is very cool! Love the wreath!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Cool wreath + lovely sentiment = great card!!!

Lin said...

Love this card, Virginia, you are the new Picassa! I especially like the silvery "drip", "ribbon" ? that you added - subtle, but what a great detail!