Monday, November 17, 2014

DIY Metallic Element

I love it when I play with my stamps....(surprise!!)
Today's card was a result of my "playing".

I wanted to create a card with the largest die from Lawn Fawn
 Stitched Snowflake.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product.aspx?id=304990
  I didn't quite have a plan when I made the card. So, I started out with embossing the snowflake with two different embossing powders--Ranger's Watering Can and Michael's Sparkle. These are the two types of silver embossing powder that I own. I am in the process of acquiring a 3rd one....they can be addictive! I think it's possible a 4th one is on its way, too!
Season's Greetings
After embossing the snowflake around 4 times, I popped it up with the backing of deep blue card stock.When it came to angling the snowflake, I deliberated for a long time and finally, I took a BOLD move and made it an asymmetric design.
 I think the silver hot mess looks kind of nice!!?
Do you have a preference as to how you position the focal image? Do you like the traditional setting (the image lies squarely in the middle) or more of a free style composition?
I can't decide...at least not today.

Thanks for stopping by!

35 comments:

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

I loooooove it! It looks fabulous!

donna mikasa said...

What a masterpiece, Virginia! I LOVE the asymmetrical placement and the stitching at the top right corner? My fave part of the card!

Dawn Turley said...

A gorgeous snowflake Virginia. Your card is stunning.

Lynn said...

Oh I think this is gorgeous. I love the slightly wonky feel. The extra stitching is the perfect touch.

Lisa said...

Beautifully done Virginia!!

Cindy C. said...

Awesome!!!!

Barb said...

It is gorgeous, V! Love, love, love! ♥

Charlene said...

Gorgeous Virginia!!

Susanne Vargas said...

What a stunning card with this gorgeous snowflake embossed multiple times! Also love the splatters (of course), the thread and the angled panels!

Sheila H said...

Totally gorgeous, Virginia. I love your colors and the CAS design.

Annette Allen said...

I so need these dies.. this card is gorgeous..

Barb Ghig said...

You are too funny with your silver EP, but I have to say, using the two that you have for this snowflake really makes it shine! Loving your splatters, too and how you angled your panels! Gorgeous card, Virginia!

Pam Sparks said...

gorgeous snowflake creating Virginia! I'm inspired! I have a MB snowflake die I need to make up and needed inspiration! TFS!

Petti said...

That's awesome card!

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous Virginia. I love the cool blues, white, and silver. Very festive.

Miriam Prantner said...

Great call on the asymmetry! I love the embossing on the snowflake and the threads!

conil said...

Wow! this is pretty fantastic. Like the idea of double embossing. As far as the position of the panel...I think it really depends on how you feel when you make it...so you did it perfectly.

Harriet said...

Oh, Virginia, so lovely. I do try different positions on my cards some work some don't.

Shelly said...

Ooooh, gorgeous! Love the blues and snowflake!

shirley-bee said...

This is fabulous Virginia! Love the asymmetric design, and I want to touch the snowflake!

Alanna said...

WOW, WOW, WOW. This is just so beautiful. I love everything about it.

~amy~ said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

pcm said...

fabulous!

alexandra s.m. said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS and I love silver and blue for Christmas! Such an artsy elegant card!! Bravo!!

Niki G said...

Completely in love with everything about this card! The silver embossing is so pretty and the tilt of the background and layered card stock is such a sweet design!

francesca said...

beautiful card! :)

Nicole Parmentier said...

Great design! I love the bright blue behind the snowflake!!

Laura B. said...

Gorgeous design...loving the added touch of stitching!

Rochelle Sodipo Washington said...

Ooh it's pretty! I like your silver hot mess!

aaga said...

Love the whole idea. Have to try this.

Wiebke Kommerell said...

Virginia,
you've choosen a really cute die-set! The design of this card is amazing! Thanks for sharing!
Greetings, Wiebke

Jessica Frost-Ballas said...

Beautiful card! I love the silver!

Caryn said...

This is AMAZING!!! Adore it xxx

Tonya Jastad said...

This is gorgeous! Love both the blue and the stitched flake!

Heather North said...

Like it? I LOVE it! You've created a beautiful "hot mess". :)