Friday, November 14, 2014

Glitter Paper

Oh glitter paper, how I love you....

A few years ago,  I probably would not know what to do with you. Now that I am a little wiser after a few years of paper-crafting, I think I finally know how to work with your awesomeness.

 You work so faithfully and just let yourself SHINE, no matter where I place you.

Supplies: Let it Snow, Snow Dancer (Penny Black), Twinkle Glints (DCWV), Snow Day Lawn Fawn pattern paper, snowflake sequins (Simon Says Stamp)

Lastly,  StampNation, where I share tips about Proportion Matting, is having a new challenge. Here is a sneak peek about the challenge. 
You can find out all about it here

Edited: After getting the e-mail about Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking's closing its door, my heart got heavy and I am feeling sad. My heart goes out to the wonderful and encouraging staff behind this publication company. The publication calls changed my crafting life and made me a much better card-maker. What are we going to do without this amazing publication in the future? I don't know.
All I can say is, keep calm and craft on.

16 comments:

Lynn said...

Put this at the top of my all time Virginia favorites. This is gorgeous! Every last detail is perfect.

Susanne Vargas said...

Gorgeous!

~amy~ said...

This is sooo pretty!

It is sad about PC&S closing publication...

Shelly said...

So pretty, Virginia!!! Love!

And yes, I too am sad...Though, like you said 'keep calm and craft on' we must!

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous :) love the blues !

Miriam Prantner said...

I love the glitter paper too, it is so much neater than glitter/glue! Love the stamped snowflakes, and I know about PC&S. So sad.

LauraJane:) said...

Craft on my dear! What better way to perk up than with glitter:)

Cindy C. said...

So cool and sparkly, I so enjoy this card Virginia!!

conil said...

Lovely, sparkly card. So sad about Paper Crafts, too.

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Virginia! I love how you placed the glitter paper and all those beautiful snowflakes! And your sentiment...Swoon!

Although I've never been published in Paper Crafts Magazine, this is a sad day for all! Feeling badly for all those wonderful employees, too :(

Cat Craig said...

Simply beautiful!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Gorgeous! I love that wire detail!

sunshinelouisiana said...

So beautiful, Virginia! You never cease to amazing me, and love all your little details!

Niki G said...

Totally in love with this card! Just gorgeous! I'm incredibly saddened to about PC&S too.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW - this is sooo Beautiful! LOVE your design Virginia!

Laura B. said...

This is so pretty! I love that delicate die cut sentiment and the torn glitter paper and the soft loose thread...perfect color combo, too!