Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge # 292


wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Thanks/Thanksgiving Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Anything Goes

 We are using Lawn Fawn products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-) 

 For my project, I used Stitched Snowflakes and Scripty Joy. These two dies are AWESOME! 

joy

 I created the background with vellum. I inked up the blue alcohol inks and blending solution. I made a die cut with the sentiment "Joy". Then I added the Lawn Fawn snowflake (with DCWV). The tiny diamond pieces are part of the largest snowflake (not used in this card). So nothing goes to waste! 


Once I made the first card, I couldn't stop....I used the 2nd largest die from the same set (comes with 5!!!) except I used watercolors in this one.



Here is a close-up. I also used the die and made my own stencil. The stenciled background made the card look more cohesive!?
As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.


You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!

Lastly, for my guest design post with "Add a Little Dazzle", the lucky winner of my blog (48 comments in total) is

#20
Blogger Annette Allen
said...

yay for guest designing.. LOVE your amazing cards.. that bell is stunning
November 24, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Annette, please contact me to claim the metal sheet prize pack! Congrats!
Thanks for stopping by!
Delete

26 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Beautiful watercolor background!

Deepti said...

Beautiful cards! I love the fab alcohol ink BG :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Both of your cards are stunning! Love the alcohol background on vellum!

Cindy C. said...

Both stunning!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Virginia :-) I love the backgrounds and all the colours and details, so pretty :-)

luv
Lols x x x

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful cards Virginia and I love it when you use that metallic thread! It adds so much movement and grace!
Thank You~

Kristie Goulet said...

So pretty, Virginia!

Dotty Jo x said...

Gorgeous and inky - lovely! Jo x

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Ohhhh love the richness of your blues!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

The alcohol inks look amazing on the first and I just love how the snowflake really pops against the blue panel in the second card.

conil said...

So impressed that you made your own stencil...it adds so much. Both cards are pretty awesome.

Annette Allen said...

Virginia I love when you use those alcohol inks.. you do amazing things with it.. this is just another awesome sample of just beauty..

Thanks for the fun win.. yay for me.. :)

Lisa said...

So pretty Virginia!

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Pretty techniques!! Love these wintery and festive cards!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Wow! Gorgeous cards Virginia!! Just lovely!

hugs...

Heather said...

Gorgeous card Virginia, I love the colours and beautiful on background on the fist one and sparkling snowflakes on both!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Nora N. said...

The background on these cards is so lovely!! That color blue just makes me think of cold and snow!!! I love the snowflakes on the second card and the alcohol ink background on the first. What a cool look!!! Your cards are stunning!!

Sheila H said...

Beautiful cards, Virginia! I love the colors - the backgrounds have amazing texture.

Teresa Kline said...

hi Virginia! awesome snowflakes...these are gorgeous! happy day to you!

sparkle & shine *~*

Dawn Turley said...

totally awesome Virginia. Both cards are delightful

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, beautiful cards.
luv
Debby

~amy~ said...

Virginia, the color...so pretty! Add the glitter and it is pure perfection!

Tracey McNeely said...

Another snowflake beauty!

Lin said...

I'm partial to your 2nd card, Virginia, love your idea to use the die-cut as a stenci! Will be borrowing that idea!

Tricia Ann said...

You made 2 terrific cards. I like that you used the negative die cut space on your card. It's interesting that you used vellum and alcohol inks. I'd like to try this. It's also neat that you used the diamond shapes out of the snowflakes for embellishments. I'm partial to the large snowflake in the center of the 2nd card.

francesca said...

lovely card! love your colouring!!! :)