Thursday, November 27, 2014

Sparkle and Shine

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product.aspx?id=313497
This is the New Kit on the Block...
 
Lucky for me to get a hold of Simon Says Stamp December 2014 Card Kit.. Let me tell you how awesome this kit is. If you like embossing, this kit comes with one embossing pad (a mini one from Ranger) and two embossing powders!  I love embossing and once I cracked the box open, I had so much fun playing with it!

In this card, I used two types of embossing powder and created a subtle Bokeh effect. 

 And of course, making shaker cards is always fun. For this one, I opted to use the tips from Jennifer McGuire. Here is Jennifer's video if you haven't watched it yet. I used a piece of white foam tape instead. I am now convinced that it is a better option than double sided tape!  

I added my own spin with this card kit and added some silver strings....other than that, this kit does have so much to offer. Tomorrow is the new release day for CAS-ual Fridays. Lots of good stuff ahead!
Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This is stunning! I love the metallics!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Beautiful!I love how you created the bokey with two types of powder and I guess some second generation stamping?

Marcie Sharp said...

Such a lovely card! I love the bokeh effect, especially when paired with metallics!

~amy~ said...

So pretty Virginia!

Barb said...

Love your beautiful, embossed, bokeh effect, Virginia! Gorgeous colors! ♥

Sheila H said...

Gorgeous and totally fun :)

Caryn said...

Stunning Virginia x

conil said...

Super shiny and sparkly. Gorgeous.

GeeCee said...

oh beautiful Virginia! I can't wait to receive my SSS Dec Kit!! I'm itching to making cards with the beautiful gold/silver emboss powders. Love the touch of silver floss on your card.

Carol McCready said...

Fantastic card. Can't wait for the kit to arrive.

Lee-Anne said...

Love the embossing on this Virginia...absolutely gorgeous design with that fab kit!

joy said...

this kit is the best one ever! Love your card, as always, Virginia.

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous! The gold makes me happy.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love how you used that polka dot set and the different golds, great shaker card!

Nora N. said...

I LOVE this card. The gold polka dots ROCK!! For the life of me, I cannot make a shaker card that looks good. I really have tried and have bought the special dies but then I sit down to make it and YUCK. Yours is STUNNING!!!

Laura B. said...

So pretty! This kit is made for you....you rock with embossing!

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you used your metallic embossing powders for some of the dots on your Bokeh effect on this card, Virginia...so sparkly with all those sweet sequins! Really amazing and fun shaker card!!!

Lin said...

Love the 2 embossing powders together, Virginia - beautiful design!