Friday, November 7, 2014

World Card Making Day Contest NEWS!

http://www.papercraftsconnection.com/blog/2014/11/world-card-making-day-card-contest-winners-thank-you-2/
 A dream come true!
I received an e-mail last Friday evening ( it was Halloween )...
The e-mail was from Miss Holly Anderson over Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking:

"Dear Virginia Lu,
It is with great delight that I notify you that you (yes, YOU!) are a winner of Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking magazine’s 2014 World Card Making Day Contest! {Go ahead and scream!}....
Your card will be published in the April 2015 issue of Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking magazine....."


What...? REALLY? Seriously....!? Oh.    my.    gosh.

  You can read the official announcement here.

After I received the e-mail, I screamed, shouted and danced.
My daughter Stephanie was upstairs at the time and she thought something earth shattering was going on as she felt such commotion in the house! Needless to say, my family members were very happy for me and all showed their love and support and swore to secrecy not to tell a soul...LOL

When I started stamping in 2008, I had NO idea where card-making/stamping will take me. It's been quite a few AWESOME years of my life. I have met so many kind and wonderful blog friends from all over the world. I have also improved my card-making skills over the years. And now to have this win? It's really icing on the cake!

I 'd thought I would share one of the cards that I submitted. I made one for each category.
This one was for the Hello category. 
hello
 
Big thanks to Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking for picking my "thank you" card!

Congrats to Jill and Isha as well. These two ladies are very talented!
<------that's little me!
I am absolutely humbled and deeply honored....
To my followers, readers and friends: thank you so much for your wonderful support and feedback!
 Your kind and thoughtful comments always make me smile :)

Doing the happy dance now...
PS: If you are here for the 25 days of Christmas tags post, please visit here.

49 comments:

Alanna said...

Congratulations! How exciting!

Harriet said...

Good for you, Virginia, you are one super creative lady crafter.

conil said...

Can't think of anyone who deserves this honor more. Kudos, girl!

Kim M said...

Congratulations, Virginia!! No one deserves it more! You are talented and such a wonderful person. So happy for you! Can't wait to see the card! :-)

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Huge congratulations, Virginia! So happy for you! Xx

Grá O'Neill said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see you card :)

Annette Allen said...

CONGRATULATIONS.. so excited for you

Lisa said...

HOORAY Virginia so happy for you!! Sending a big congratulations hug your way!!

Deirdre said...

Wooohooooo... so happy for your Virginia - huge congrats from me!. Hugs, Deirdre

Laura B. said...

Doing the happy dance right along with you! Couldn't have happened to a better gal in blogland!!

Susan Wheatley said...

My congratulations to you, Virginia. Doing a Happy Dance DownUnder! Mwaah!

Lyndal said...

HUGE CONGRATS Virginia - a well deserved win!!!!!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Woohoo! I'm so thrilled for you my friend!! Congrats!!!!

Maureen said...

Squeeeee!! So happy for you - you totally deserve this honor!! Love your card today and I'm sure I'll drool over your winning card!

Thordis said...

So happy for you Virginia! You are also so creative, and make some fab projects ... Hugs xx

Lin said...

YAY, Virginia, another milestone conquered! So happy to hear this news for you, little sis!

Jill said...

Congrats Virginia!! So very excited for you and living being a winner with you! What fun and what an honor! Thanks to you for your kind comment on my blog :) I've remembered seeing your cards for years from way back on the Hero Arts weekly challenges :) you are one talented lady!! Congrats again!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Big congrats! Xoxo

Shelly said...

WOOHOO!!! Congrats, Virginia!!! :)

Donna B. said...

Congrats Virginia!!! I just read the news after going out straight from work for bday activities. It was pretty surreal to get that e-mail on Halloween wasn't it?? I can't wait to see your card. I know it's amazing!!!

Susanne Vargas said...

Heartfelt congratulations! How wonderful! It is a very fun card!

~amy~ said...

Big Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rahmat said...

Congratulations Virginia!!

Lynn said...

So so happy for you Virginia. This is absolutely wonderful news and so well deserved! You go girl! xoxo

sandie said...

I just did the happy dance-congrats and so well deserved x

crafty creations said...

Very well done and much deserved Virginia

Susi Kelly said...

A well-deserved Congratulations to you! Yay!

Suzanne C said...

Congrats Virginia!!! No Surprise here that you were picked!!

Phyllis Strickland said...

Congratulations! A well deserved win. Your card is a stunner!

Gerry said...

Congratulations! Well deserved, but not a surprise. You are so talented. I may be wrong...I think it was you...when I first started following blogs you were a bit discouraged because you had never had anything published. You asked if you should give up. Ha. Look at you now, Miss Card Maker of the Universe. I'm such a fan of you, your work, your travels, etc., etc. Yeah, Virginia.

very_inky_fingers said...

Congratulations, Virginia!! That is just awesome... so happy for you. Well deserved.. you are incredibly creative and a very talented artist!

Cindy C. said...

Big congrats Virginia!!! So very happy for you!!! I am glad to see you among the winners!!! Hugs!!!!!

Anita in France said...

Many congratulations, Virginia ... so exciting and amazing ... delighted with your news! Anita :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Congrats, Miss Lady!! So well deserved!!! So so HAPPY for you!!! Awesome card too!! :)

Harriet Skelly said...

Huge congratulations to you Virginia! You so deserve this honor! I am so happy for you!

Cat Craig said...

Virginia, such wonderful news, and definitely well earned. Congratulations!

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Many congrats Virginia:)

Nora N. said...

Congratulations Virginia!! You so deserve this honor. You not only inspire others but also are kind and it is a joy to read your blog. And that hello card is totally adorable!!! I might have to CASE it!!

Dawn Turley said...

super excited for your Virginia. Well deserved. Congrats my friend! I;n doing a happy dance for you too!

Kristie Goulet said...

WOOT! Congratulations to you, Virginia! So happy for you!

Miriam Prantner said...

SO thrilled for you! So well deserved, I cannot wait to see your card!!!!

mimijudy1975 said...

Virginia, what an honor to be chosen .You not only create such wonderful cards,you also are so giving and kind to share your talent here on your blog. Congratulations to you,Isha and Jill. Looking forward to see the exciting issue of Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking.

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, Em, Gee!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, Virginia...this is the BEST NEWS EVER! You are so deserving of this honor and I am so, so happy for you! Your style is always fresh and your ideas are so fun! Also, for all that you give back to our card making community, I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Your card is so charming, too! Such sweet elements and the color combo and lovely patterns, it was sure to be a winning creation! CONGRATS to you! I wish we lived closer so I could give you a big hug!

And...thanks for sharing the photo of you doing the 'Happy Dance' :)

Bobby said...

Congratulations, Virginia. It is well deserved.

alexandra s.m. said...

Congrats my Friend!
You are one talented Lady!!
Hugs~

Mary said...

It's a great news :) Congratulations :)

Trinh said...

Woo hoo, a huge congrats on your WCMD win, Virginia!

Karen D. said...

Big CONGRATS!!! you so deserve it!!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

WOOHOO A BIG CONGRATS TO YOU VIRGINIA! :D :D SO HAPPY FOR YOU! <3 <3 <3 *throws confetti*