Sunday, November 23, 2014

Your'e The Best

Happy Sunday!
I am sharing a card that I submitted to the World Card Making Day Contest. This was the one that did NOT make it...I won with a thank-you card instead.
016
Encouragement: You’re the Best   (4 ¼” x 5 ½”)
Card stock: white and mint ( Michael’s) , Bazzille (pink)
Stamps: What’s Brewing (Simon Says Stamp)
Ink: Mint (Simon Says Stamp), Versafine (Black)
Die: Coffee Cup Craft Die (Simon Says Stamp)
Pattern paper: DCWV (Twinkle Glintz), Simple Stories
Accessories: pop dots (EK Success), sequins (Simon Says Stamp, Moonshine)

1.      Make card from card stock
2.      Stamp Speech bubble in mint, stamp sentiment in brown, cut it out
3.      Make die cut and assemble
4.      Add pop dots for Speech Bubble, add sequins


I made this card when I first received this coffee cup die and just had some fun with it. Last week, my sister-in-law Florence called to let me know that my World Card Making Day Contest prize safely arrived at her house! She was amazed at the sheer size of the box! I won't get the prize for a while, but I know when I open the box, it will be like Christmas Day all over again....

Lastly, I want to thank you, especially those who leave me kind and encouraging comments day in and day out...there will be a stamping goodies giveaway in December. Please stay tuned!
Thanks for stopping by! 

18 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Mandy LaCroix said...

Ms Virginia! I love those colors! Yum!
:) hugs! Mandy

Barb said...

Love these colors, Virginia! It's an adorable card! ♥

Dawn Turley said...

Delightful card Virginia.

joy said...

I really like this card, Virginia! I think it should have been picked for the contest, too!

~amy~ said...

This is beautiful...I love the colors and of course, the coffee theme!

Lynn said...

You are the best Virginia! I love that sweet little heart in the cup.

Kristie Goulet said...

You're the best, Virginia!!! I love this sweet cup with the speech bubble over top!

Colleen Dietrich said...

So sweet! Excited for you for your box of goodies....bet you cannot wait to open it!

sunshinelouisiana said...

Virginia, your card is the cutest! Love the colors. Have fun with your box of goodies...let us know what's in it!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Cards with a coffee theme are always a thumbs up for me! Love the speach bubble and the sparkly paper. Great card!

Laura Norris said...

Wonderful card with the coffee cup! I'm sure you are over the top excited to open that box!!?

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the black polka dots with that icy blue. Great card!

Harriet said...

Virginia....a wonderful card to send to a friend. Yesterday's colors were lovely.

Nat said...

love the polkadots,totally fun design,makes me smile! :)

Barb Ghig said...

I can't believe how late I am in posting...this is such a charming card, Virginia! I love the coffee cup and the beautiful color combo you chose for this card! It's so fresh and clean, and your sentiment is perfection!
So happy you won for your 'Thank You' card, even though this is also a winner for me! I can't wait to see what's in that giant box :)
I hope you had a great weekend...Hugs!

Shelly said...

So sweet!!! Love the colors/papers!

conil said...

How could it NOT have made it Someone obviously had something stuck in their eye. THis is a great card.