Saturday, December 20, 2014

Let's Get Sentimental!

Hello! Are you doing the last minute Christmas rush?
 I think I survived the Christmas party we hosted last night...We had two large tables and a huge Chinese dumpling-making station set up for the party of 15.  It was noisy, fun and festive!

Here is shot of our family room BEFORE the party. My son David was chillaxing..
  I am popping in with a quick post about a card that I made a while ago. I simply used assorted Christmas sentiments and arranged them in a pleasing manner. For the small gaps in between the sentiments, I stamped some stars to complete the design. Then I white-embossed all of the sentiments. After that, I applied Gelatos with a bit of water. And that's IT!
 This was one of the 30 cards that I donated to our church.

 Hope you are having the most wonderful time of the year....
Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Ooooo! All those pretty colors remind me of aurora borealis! Your card sure makes a splash.

Dawn Turley said...

A beautiful card Virginia.

joy said...

Gorgeous! Love the pretty colors with the white sentiments. Merry Christmas, Virginia!

Lee-Anne said...

I adore that watercolor background, Virginia! Beautiful card!

Dotty Jo x said...

Great card! Jo x

~amy~ said...

great photo, love your card...awesome.
a dumpling station...that sounds like my kind of party!

Katie said...

I Love your color choice on the card.
Merry Christmas to all of you. Congratulations to Stephanie for her great accomplishments!

Marcie Sharp said...

I'm so glad your party was fun and a success! What a lovely, colourful Christmas card- fabulous!

Sarah Gray said...

Love the splashes of colour on your card - I really must play with my gelatos more! Glad your party went well and I hope you are getting some chillaxing time too :)

Kara Lynne said...

Ah, David seems to have the best job in prepping for his sister's party. I love your placement of those beautiful sentiments and the gelatos are vivid and amazing!

Susanne Vargas said...

Fabulous and fun card! Haven't played with my gelatos in a long time... Hope to change that after the holidays!
A very merry Christmas and happy New Year to you and your family!

Melissa F said...

Great idea - I'm going to create one with some of my lesser used holiday sentiments!

conil said...

The subway effect on your card is lovely. Hope you and your family have a joyous holiday. Merry Christmas.

Harriet said...

Your card is lovely, the colors, the sentiments....lovely.

Sheila H said...

Excellent card idea, Virginia! I know your party was a huge success.

Lisa said...

Such a pretty and happy card Virginia!! I LOVE the big tall windows in your photo, sounds like a great party ;)

Niki G said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

Carol McCready said...

Love that beautiful card. Such a great watercolor background.

alexandra s.m. said...

How generous of you!
Your card is beautiful Virginia and I LOVE that photo of David in your beautifully lit drawing room!

GeeCee said...

That's a beauty!! Have a blessed Christmas! Looking forward to seeing your creations in the New Year.

Shelly said...

Awesome card, Virginia! And my invite must have been lost in the mail...lol...sounds like some fun, fun, fun! :) Merry Christmas!