Sunday, December 21, 2014

No-line Watercoloring

Happy Sunday, friends!
As you may know, 2014 proved (to me) to be the year of watercoloring in the card-making world.
I am sharing a card I made for this year's World Card-Making Day contest for the Love category. It was not picked as a winner; my thank-you card got selected instead.

I still love this card so much and thought it would be great to share with you.
Lots of Love
LOVE: LOTS OF LOVE (4 ¼” x 5 ½”)
Card stock: Strathmore water color paper (110 lbs), DCWV, white (Michael’s)
Stamps: Ori-Kami (Altenew), Flights of Fancy (Clearly Besotted)
Embossing Powder: gold (Recollections)
Inks: Versafine, Antique Linen (Ranger)
Accessories: Peerless Water Color, Smooch (gold), sequins (Simon Says Stamp)
  
1. Make card from card stock
2. Stamp the outlines in Antique Linen
3. Wet the area that needs to be colored. Color the images one small area at a time
4. Emboss the sentiment
5. Add sequins and paint in Smooch
Are you loving water-coloring as much I I do? Have you tried no-line water-coloring yet? 
Hope you have a fabulous day!

17 comments:

Nora N. said...

Such pretty colors you used on this Virginia!! I have tried to do this technique but alas, I have failed every time and have had to emboss to hide my horrible watercoloring. I always put either too much paint OR too much water. I want to be able to accomplish it so bad, though, because I love the look!

Barb Ghig said...

I'm so glad you shared this with us, Virginia (personally, I would have chosen it as a winner)! Your water coloring is so beautiful, and I love color combo! Love all of your gold embossing, too!

Lin said...

How fun, Virginia! Love your kissing fish, and the colors are so vibrant!

conil said...

Love the happiness this card invokes. Sweet and gay. Beautiful. Happy Christmas to you and yours.

Harriet said...

The colors of your card are wonderful...love this card!!

alexandra s.m. said...

I love it too Virginia!

Lisa said...

I've enjoyed seeing your watercolored projects Virginia! This is pretty, love the splash of gold!

Miriam Prantner said...

So sweet, I love the bright colors and coloring, fantastic!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love this, Virginia!!!

Cornelia W said...

This is a fabulous card - love it - like it better than your thank you card. Its just so fresh and colorful. Happy Holidays to you, Virginia!

Sue Speck said...

Definitely one of your all-time best, Virginia: there's real skill at work here!

Shelly said...

Soooo pretty!

Sheila H said...

Many years ago I had kissing gourami fish, Virginia. Your card reminds me of them. I love it!

Laura Norris said...

This is so pretty Virginia! I like your fish in such bright colors!

Carol McCready said...

Very pretty card.

Wiebke Kommerell said...

Virginia, your card is soo cute!
Aqua-coloring and fishes - a very good combination!

Some months ago I made some Origami-animals - many cranes and also some fishes. They look the same! Great stamp-set - and for sure it's faster done than creasing and folding.

I wish you a Merry Christmas!

GeeCee said...

Beautiful card Virginia! Your cards brings me happy memories of when I was a little girl. My father had kissing fish in his fish tank. I would sit and wait for them to kiss. I thought this was so neat. Fish kissing! I want to wish you and your family a blessed Christmas and may God's light shine on you in 2015. I look forward to your posts in the new year.