Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Magazine Special Blog Hop

They say "all good things must come to an end"....,but that doesn't make it any easier.
Today, I am joining hundreds of card makers to make this special hop for our beloved magazine Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking.

If you are coming from Tifany DeGough's blog (#33), then you are at the right stop.
I can't thank Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking enough for enriching our crafting lives. Every card-maker looked to this magazine to see who the hot designers are, the latest trends in paper-crafting, the fanciest techniques, tricks and tips....I wonder how we are going to cope without it.

 Personally, this amazing magazine has challenged me to be a better, no, make that a
MUCH MUCH better card-maker.  With each submission I made, I learned to be a card designer who cares about placement, colors, styles and creativity. From my small recognition at Tuesday Trigger to a much bigger contest such as making it to Top 5 Gallery Idol in 2013 and World Card-making Contest this year, I have made many many baby steps since. I started my submissions back in late 2011 and got my first card into the regular monthly issue in Jan/Feb 2012. You can just imagine how THRILLED I was to get published! With each happy mail acceptance, my heart would skip a beat or two...I will miss that feeling and excitement now.

With that, I am dedicating my card to this blog hop and I am taking this chance to thank the amazing people who worked so hard to make this magazine THE gold standard.
you inspire me
Stamps: Label Love (Altenew)
Inks: VersaMark, Memento Inks,
Paper: Stamping Up (pink), white (Neenah)
Accessories: strings (Michael's) sequins (Simon Says Stamp), Swirls and Dots stencil (Simon Says Stamp), white Embossing Paste (Wendy Vecchi), Gelatos (Metallic Mint, Metallic Melon, Guava)

I have gathered my photos that are associated with PC and S. to commemorate this special occasion.

With the PC Connections, I got to forge friendships and met up with my paper-crafting friends ( Tracey, Alice, Mariana, Kelly, Laura and Cristina...)

Often times when we had the "happy e-mail" party, I was the unofficial DJ...I would share the You Tube music to jazz up the mood during the party.

~Your next stop is Ruza Rebel's Blog (#35).
 ~Here is a video tribute put together by the sweet and talented Bethany (you will see me at 6:09) 
 ~You can see the master list in Taheerah's blog here ! And thank you, Taheerah and Veronica, for setting up and organizing the blog hop!  Blog land is much brighter because of people like you!

Farewell, my beloved Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazine. You will always have a special place in my heart. Wish the amazing Jennifer, Susan, Stacy, Kerri, Holly and staff ...(and Cath--oh, how I miss you) all the best in their new endeavors. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your dedication and inspiration. 

42 comments:

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Gorgeous card and what a wonderful journey you've had with PCS!

~amy~ said...

Love this post Virginia! Your card is awesome and YOU ROCK♡

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Love your card. And love your photo collage - so great to see everyone'e experiences with the magazine!

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving all those sentiments and the colored paste. Wonderful photos and tribute!

Annette Allen said...

what a great post Virginia and such a pretty card..

Charlene said...

SO So cute!!!!

Lenora Clark said...

Love! What an awesome post!

Kelly Griglione said...

Awww, what a sweet post, Virginia!! You totally nailed that card too, it's just perfect for PC&S (not to mention GORGEOUS)! I count my lucky stars that I got to meet you ... you (and Dr. John) are a true gem!!!

Lea Lawson said...

This is beautiful!! I love the colors!! Lovely tribute to PC&S!!

paperella said...

Oh Virginia... what a ride this has been, right? And what a beautiful tribute you wrote, and gorgeous card you created. It's so 100% Virginia! And for the record, you were the absolutely one and only OFFICIAL Happy Mail Party DJ. That's for sure.
I adore you, my dear friend!

TheWinstonFamily said...

Thank you for a sharing a beautiful card.

Michele Gross said...

Wonderful tribute Virginia, just wonderful :)

Darnell J Knauss said...

That was beautifully said, V, and your card is simply brilliant!! Thank you for sharing! Hugs, Darnell

Kristie Goulet said...

What a wonderful tribute, Virginia! So sweet!

Happy Dance said...

Well said, Virginia. So many of us will indeed miss the 'gold standard' in card making mags. Your card is stunning, and the sentiment is spot on. PC&S was an inspiration to us all. Thanks for this lovely post. Bev

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful card and wonderful, heartfelt tribute, Virginia!

Nancy said...

So enjoyed your tribute and lovely card!

Shelly said...

Awesome card, Virginia! Love your post and pics!

Kara said...

cool card!

Jamie said...

Beautiful post by an absolutely beautiful person:)

very_inky_fingers said...

This is a beautiful post Virginia and wonderful card as always!

Jodie Stoddard said...

Beautiful card and wonderful post.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So pretty

Lynn said...

I feel like I have been on the same journey with you Virginia. I've loved watching you celebrate and your amazing creations. Your card for the team is amazing...love the subtle sentiments that all speak so perfectly to the PC team! xx

Tracey McNeely said...

What a wonderful heartfelt post Virginia! You are one of my favourite celebrity cardmakers, seeing your name in print makes me happy because I can say "That's my friend!". So sad to see PC & S go

Sheila H said...

Your card is quite special, Virginia. Thanks for sharing your history with the magazine.

Marcie Sharp said...

Big hugs to you my crafty friend! Thanks for sharing your memories and pictures. (Mickey Mouse says hi!) Lovely card!!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Just lovely, Virginia. And I loved looking at your photo collage!

Celeste Goff said...

What a great card! I love it!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

Giant hugs! I love your card!

Michelle Lupton said...

Perfect sentiment for this card, Virginia - gorgeous :)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, what a fun card Virginia!

Jill Norwood said...

Virginia such a heartfelt post! You are one of my inspirations!!! Your card is lovely my dear!!!! Blessings! :) Jill

Carisa said...

Gorgeous!

Mariana Grigsby said...

Beautiful card, Virginia! I love the collage and your complete post! Thanks for sharing! Big hugs!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

Your card is GORGEOUS Virginia! I love it so much! And aww thanks, I'm glad you liked the video. :) <3

LauraJane:) said...

It was through PC&S that I found so many amazing cardmaking bloggers to learn from...Like yourself:)
They TRULY set that golden standard that I some day hope to achieve in my cardmaking.

Michelle said...

Virginia, you made me all teary! Such a beautiful tribute. And a really beautiful card. :-)

Lucy said...

I just found PC & S about 1 1/2 yrs ago. I wish I would have found it a year or so earlier when I first began making cards. I could have learned so much more!
What a wonderful tribute and a beautiful card!

Barb Ghig said...

I sincerely apologize for my very late post...What a lovely tribute, Virginia! Your card is absolutely beautiful! I love how you played with your inks and pastes and the colors are amazing!

Thank you so much for sharing this with us...I am so happy for you to have been one of the 2014 Winners of WCMD, and I love, love all the great photos! Hugs to you!!!

Alice Wertz said...

ahhhhh...... you put my big face in it!! =) I have hope that this is one blog hop we'll never have to do... I think I have seen my own card making style/skill evolve as I submit, too. So glad to have tried and submitted and I will always be grateful that I was lucky enough to be part of this publication and community. big hugs all around!

maria f. said...

Wonderful post and card, Virginia. And may I take the opportunity to thank you too, for all you do to make cardmakerland a better place. Hugs.