Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge # 293

This is my 2nd post of the day, for the special Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Blog Hop, 
http://virginialusblog.blogspot.com/2014/12/paper-crafts-scrapbooking-magazine.html
please click here or scroll down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the  Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Christmas/Holidays

 We are using Stampendous this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-)
I actually made TWO cards with the same stamp Eiffel Noel.
I decided that I want to go for a more complementary look and this was the result.
Joyeux Noel-001
Stamping the image in multiple colors in one layer seemed to be a good idea. I added a strip of polka dot paper and vellum. With some silver stitching, it was my attempt to make it look chic and stylish!
The next one is a bonus card. It looks so much more ornate and detailed.Joueux Noel
I created a chalkboard effect with the same image. By using label 8 (Spellbinders), it's easier to create a definitive white border. I also added a snowflake (with Martha Stewart Snowflake punch) and silver strings....
Do you have a favorite? 

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.


You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by! 

31 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Oh I love these both! Lots of color and pop in both! Can't pick a favorite!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Virginia :-) I love them both, but think I am tipping towards the chalkboard, love the white on the black, very striking :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Jingle said...

So original and absolutely GORGEOUS! Beautiful cards, Virginia!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Gorgeous cards Virginia! I need that stamp now!! ;)

hugs...

Lin said...

This is a beautiful stamp, and you've shown us some wonderful possibilities with it, V! I think I like the 2nd one a bit more, because the holly pops out more on it.......

Barb said...

That is such a wonderful stamp and you've used it beautifully on both cards, Virginia! I think my fave is the second one - looks amazing! ♥

Nina-Marie Trapani said...

Virginia, your use of the rainbow of colors is absolutely beautiful! Such a neat variation from the usual reds and greens you see in Christmas cards. LOVE IT!!

conil said...

Wow! You've done this stamp up proud. Both cards are lovely but, I've got to say, the inking on the first one makes me happiest.

LauraJane:) said...

Both are oh so lovely!
I really like the color detail on the second one!

Lisa said...

These are so pretty!

Harriet said...

Beautiful cards, Virginia, you continue to amaze me.

joy said...

I love them both, Virginia! I collect Eiffel tower "stuff" and this is a stamp that is calling my name.

Heather said...

Both fabulous card Virginia, what a dreamy though - Christmas in Paris - oooooh!!! I love the coloured one but just adore the chalkboard one - so pretty!!

hugs
Heather xx

Mandy said...

Virginia both of your cards are beautiful. I love the different coloured inks and your chalkboard card is so striking, just perfect :)
hugs
Mandy xx

Sarah Gray said...

Loving both! Such different looks but both are fantastic! I particularly like the chalkboard style but the multi coloured stamping gives a great effect too :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia how gorgeous is the multi coloured Eiffel tower--gorgeous!

alexandra s.m. said...

Awwww...of course I absolutely ADORE them Virginia!
You do that chalk effect like no other! {sigh}
Thank You~

donna mikasa said...

Oooh, I love how you created two very different looks with the same stamp! I love both versions--the CAS with lots of white space and the shaped chalkboard, too!

Dawn Turley said...

Just gorgeous Virginia. Such different looks from the one stamp... You are a genius!

Michele Kovack said...

Love the different styles of each card! Each one is gorgeous!

keren said...

Just stunning - really gorgeous cards. The first one is a total CAS beauty! x

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Wow! I love BOTH takes on this card! Such beautiful colors & design :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lorna said...

Love the Eiffel tower with the ivy. Both are terrific cards.

Bonnie said...

Two very different looks from this stamp! Love the festive look of the multicolor card and the elegance of the embossed card!

Teresa Kline said...

fun card Virginia! hope your weekend is FAB!

sparkle & shine *~*

Laura B. said...

Beautiful cards...love both so much! That first one has such awesome inking and stitching!!

Cindy C. said...

Wow both are gorgeous, but the first one has my heart!!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

That second version of the Christmas card is stunning. Blessings!

Barb Ghig said...

Two really gorgeous cards, Virginia! Honestly, I can't pic a fave because they are both beautiful in their own way, and you put so much love into each one!
Thanks so much for your inspiration!

TLady said...

OH MY! I KNEW I liked the rainbow Eiffle tower you did, & then you've shown us ANOTHER GORGEOUS creation! I LOVE them BOTH! They're FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Lucinde said...

Love the stamping in the different colors :)