Sunday, December 28, 2014

Stitched Heart

Are you ready? It's a Valentine's card for you today!
I had combined this set Sending and Wishing
 with this stitched heart from Screen Elements
 And....you get this-ta da!
sending
This card was really fun to make. I had fun doing the stitching. You really can't go wrong with the heart shape.You can use it all year round.
In case you are wondering...the sequins inside the stitched heart were glued on one by one (no stitching involved here). I stamped a small pink heart and use it as a guide to glue the sequins with Multi Medium. Love the look! I am loving the Screen Elements dies from Simon Says Stamp and hope to come up with more ideas with these dies!

My family and I just came back from visiting my in-laws and that was where I picked up my World Card-Making Day prize. It sure is perfect timing as it was Christmas! Can you imagine my excitement when opening this huge box of goodies? ....I am still amazed.
 There will be more giveaways in 2015, I promise!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

18 comments:

joy said...

love the screen dies! your card is very sweet, Virginia.

Bobby said...

That prize package should keep you busy for months, Virginia. The valentine is so unique. I love it!

Niki G said...

Aw very sweet card! Love the prize loot and can't wait to see what you create!!

~amy~ said...

Love your heart filled card, the stitching is such a fab touch.

Oh my, check out all those goodies! WOW!

Sheila H said...

I love the sentiment set you used - it's now on my wish list! Your card is outstanding - the stitching really stands out. Can 't wait to see what you create with your wonderful prize package :)

Darnell J Knauss said...

How fun is that stitched heart card, V!! It reminds me of the sewing cards we had as little girls! And those prizes awarded for WCMD are just amazing! You have lots of NBUS to use in my next challenge starting Thursday! I hope your Christmas was wonderful and I wish you all the best in the new year!! Hugs, Darnell

vinita jain said...

Love that stitched Valentine Heart card, so much appealing! And those goodies are awesome!
Wish You A Very Happy and Prosperous New Year filled with good health and joy!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Super sweet card!!! And what a fantastic prize!!!! So envious (-:!!!
Wishing you a very Happy New Year Virginia! Hugs, Karin

Carol McCready said...

Love the card. Looks like so
much fun to create.
Congrats on that great prize!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a charming card, Virginia! Love all the pink and how you added the sequins and gems!
I am DROOLING over your prize package! Congrats again on a well deserved win! I know you will be creating a lot of amazing cards to share with us!

sandie said...

Adorable heart card, such a cool idea to stitich! You could add this to TIME OUT as one of our words is 'Love'

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow! Christmas indeed!!! Love this pretty card and these new dies!

alexandra s.m. said...

What a beauty Virginia!
I have been drawn to embroidery lately and I think Valentine is the perfect opportunity to use that technique. Great Goodies! Bravo!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SOOOOOOOOO fun, Virginia! I love the heart with the stitched edge--- and the sequins! WOW! Fab little Valentine's day card for the hubs:)

THANKS so much for stopping by my blog and leaving love--- your love, support, and comments mean so much to me <3 HUGS!

conil said...

This card is purely adorable. The stitching and sequins are perfect. That's quite a haul you acquired for your prize. Enjoy, enjoy.

Annette Allen said...

aww i love that stitched heart.. great card Virginia and yay for prize package arriving.. enjoy

Tenia Nelson said...

Super fun card!!

Shelly said...

This is ADORABLE! And just look at all those goodies...enjoy! :)