Thursday, December 18, 2014

Use That Watercolor Background

Hello! I have a wintery card to share...
It was all because I had made a richly watercolored paper background. I though it was too good to waste, so I created a card with some intricate dies.

See that background? 
081
Yeah, it's nice to do something with that colored paper as a canvas. I used CAS-ual Fri-Die (Flurry) to make some die cuts. First, I made a cut through the watercolor paper, then added blue vellum and the twice silver-embossed snowflake on top. I added some silver stitching at the corners to keep the design balanced and interesting. 
I am slowing mailing out my Christmas cards. It's definitely a good thing that I donated 30 cards to our church. I vow to do better each year (sigh).  My big kids just set up the Christmas tree last night...I know it's a little late, but it's better late than never, right?
Lastly, here is a sneak peek of the current challenge over StampNation.

About StampNation:
Click Here to Join and Learn More about the Benefits 
  • 425+ video tutorials
  • 30+ Lessons in Clean & Simple Design....new lessons in video format
  • Spotlight on Trends Articles (I host a Stamp Clinic)
  • & SO MUCH MORE!
We are having Stephanie's church group of 15 over for dinner tomorrow. I am off to prep and bake!
Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

Sheila H said...

The background is indeed beautiful, Virginia. The die cut and stitching are stunning.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the great textures from the vellum and sparkle paper!

LauraJane:) said...

FUN stitches at the corners:)
Have a Blessed evening!

joy said...

beautiful card! Love the silver stitching.

Becca Cruger said...

Gasp... this is gorgeous! That watercolored panel just screams Christmas wonderment!

Lin said...

You know how I love my blues! So pretty with the vellum and silver added! And re: putting up Christmas trees, as a child, my parents waited until we had gone to bed on Christmas Eve before they put up ours! Talk about a magical Christmas morning!

Bonnie said...

Love that background! It's so pretty with the die cuts! Too pretty to toss!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the bg! Have a wonderful holiday!

Barb said...

So gorgeous, V! Love the layered sparkly snowflake and your beautiful background!

Susanne Vargas said...

That background is way too awesome to waste it! You turned it into a stunning card!

alexandra s.m. said...

Such a vibrant and gorgeous card Virginia!

Dawn Turley said...

fabulous card Virginia. Wishing you and all your family a Very Merry Christmas.

~amy~ said...

super pretty blues and love the diecutting and stitching!

Karen D. said...

Beautiful card done in my fav colours.
Wanted to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas filled with happy times and wonderful memories.
Enjoy your holday season.
hugs,
Karen

Carol McCready said...

Beautiful card.

Kara Lynne said...

What a gorgeous background! Of course you had to use it, and the snowflake design with all those cut outs is beautiful with it. Hope all goes well hostessing for you!

Deepti said...

This is fabulous, I love the layered look of the snowflake !

Charlene said...

This is soooooo cool!!!

Laura B. said...

Beautiful blue background....LOVE the stitching!