Saturday, December 6, 2014

Virginia's Monthly Stamp Study #3

Hello! Welcome to my 3rd monthly stamp study! On the first Saturday of each month, I will use a stamp set as my study and create a few samples with it. Today is the day to share them! I have chosen this stamp Persian Motif from Altenew.  This set actually made it into Jennifer McGuire's Favorite Crafty Things video! No wonder...because I LOVE creating cards with this fabulous set.

My first card took the most time to create. H. Birthday
Rich and exotic colors come to mind when you think of Persian Motif. The special thing about this card is that I used Pico Embellisher to color all the images. The super thin tips were fun and easy to use. Once dried, it leaves a thin layer! I know I will use them more often in my future projects.


Card stock: white (Michael’s, 110 lbs), navy blue (DCWV)
Stamps: Persian Motifs (Altenew)
Inks: Navy Blue (Hero Arts), IrRESISTibles (Pear Tart, Dandelion, Sweet Plum,Angel Pink) Pico Embellisher by Tsukineko
Embossing Powder: white (Recollections)
Accessories: gems (Recollections),pop dots (Recollections)

I took a simple approach with my 2nd card.
thank you (2)
I white-embossed the image over Add a Little Dazzle Metal craft sheet, then cut out the images....voila! The leaves were colored with the same medium (Pico Embellisher) as the first card.

For my 3rd card, I wanted to try something a little different. I embossed flowers in white on vellum. Then I flipped the vellum and used the other side, so the white embossed flower are more subtle. I also wanted to use the bright pattern paper to accentuate the design.
thank you
The sentiment treatment was an after thought. I managed to save it after an embossing attempt of the sentiment went wrong. I added the pattern paper and did some stitching with the sequins. I am kind of glad about the "happy accident" because I love the result!

Previously, I also matched this set up with another floral stamp set.
You can find out all the details here
thinking of you

I hope you like this stamp study. I will be back with another stamp set on January 3rd, 2015!
If interested, you can see Monthly Study #1here and  #2 here
And don't forget to comment on my previous post for the giveaway (see here)! 
Thanks for stopping by!

22 comments:

Sheila H said...

You have a wonderful eye for design and techniques, Virginia. Each card is a masterpiece. I love how unique and different they all are.

CountryTwinkle said...

Beautiful cards!

~amy~ said...

What gorgeous cards...lovely way to feature that set.

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful cards! This set is way up on my wishlist....hoping for some crafty Christmas spending money!

conil said...

I'm mesmerized by what you do with one stamps set...all so different but truly lovely.

Becca Cruger said...

Wow! Gorgeous work, Virginia. You've used this set in so many different ways and I love the backgrounds.

SonjaK said...

Great cards, Virginia! All of them are fantastic, but I'm completely amazed by the white embossing on vellum. That's just AMAZING!

Nicole Parmentier said...

I always love ideas how to use stamps in differend ways. Thanks for the inspriration, your cards are awesome.. very Virginia!!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I enjoy this series you started, Virginia! Such fun to see a stamp or stamp set used in several ways - so different but all gorgeous!!

LauraJane:) said...

Add a Little Dazzle LOOKS fabulous WITH THIS SET!

Harriet said...

Wonderful, wonderful, Virginia, I've been admiring that stamp and you used beautifully.

Susanne Vargas said...

I had never heard of a pico embellisher and had to consult Mr. Google and Mrs. YouTube. Great cards! Love all the ways you find to make the same set look totally different!

jamie vanskiver said...

Beautiful cards. Love all the different looks you have with just one stamp set:)

Dawn Turley said...

stunning cards Virginia. You are so very talented.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous cards Virginia, they are so pretty.

Hugs and love
Maarit

Shelly said...

Gorgeous cards, Virginia! Love!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love this series and what you created!

Barb Ghig said...

WOW! You have really showcased this stamp set beautifully, Virginia! In fact, I can't even choose a fave :)
This is such a fun feature on your blog....Thanks so much for taking the time to share it with us!!!

Deepti said...

Beautiful! Love every card, so unique and so pretty in its own way :)

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous! These stamps just arrived in the post today! thanks for the inspiration!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful variety of cards! Happy Holidays!

Helen F. said...

Gorgeous card set, Virginia. Love this versatile stamp set!