Monday, January 26, 2015

Flowers and Butterfly!

 Hello, happy Monday!
I have Whimsical Flowers (from Altenew) for a while now and I finally got it out to play!

How do you play/get going with a new stamp set?
 For me, I often start out with the simplest idea that came to mind. Sometimes it helps to Google/Pinterest the image and see what comes up. For instance, if you type in "whimsical flowers" and hit images (over Pinterest), you will see all kinds of designs that give you a jump start and even provide you some fabulous color inspiration.

For this stamp set, I took the outline flowers and created a floral background. It's always so satisfying to create your own background.
just saying hello
I combined two new Altenew Stamp sets Painted Butterflies Whimsical Flowers to make this card. For the butterfly, I followed the stamp image's antenna and created the wired one! As for the sentiment? I used the backside of the sentiment (from Painted Butterflies) to stamp the two-tone stripes. That way, the entire design looks cohesive with the stamped butterfly and flowers.

Thanks for stopping by!

27 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

It's a beautiful card and very harmonious in every way!
Thanks Virginia!!

Barb said...

Beautiful stamping and colors, V! Love how you created that pretty background with some touches of green, and your butterfly looks fabulous! ♥

Taunya Butler said...

Gorgeous colors used with these beautiful stamps!! So impressed with how clean, crisp, and clear your background of flowers turned out. Love the wire antennas you added - such a cool touch,!! Hands down - a beautiful, swoon worthy card!!!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Awesome design. I also love how you have coloured the sentiment so simpel and cool!

Lynn said...

Jaw dropping! The background stamping is incredible Virginia!

joy said...

LOVE this pretty card, Virginia. The colors and the design are just so pleasing. Now I NEED these beautiful stamps. LOL

~amy~ said...

So very pretty...I'm smitten with the colors!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is stunning.. great stamping

Tess Hackett said...

I like your idea for the sentiment and tying the colors in with it that way. Great idea.

Sheila H said...

The background is so pretty. Your butterfly just lights up the card. I love the two tone background for the sentiment.

Kristie Goulet said...

So beautiful, Virginia! I love those flowers and that butterfly!

Laura Norris said...

Very pretty! The flowers are the perfect background for the butterfly.

Shelly said...

Gorgeous, Virginia!

Brenda said...

That's a very pretty card Virginia!

Harriet said...

This card is so lovely, Virginia. I approach new stamps very slowly, trying different inks, and at some point maybe even deciding my new stamp is a winner.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the flower backdrop you created, great masking and I'm really loving the two tones on the sentiment strip too!

LauraJane:) said...

Cozy colors today!!

Kara Lynne said...

I love how you use the backside of stamps, Virginia! Those flowers make a wonderful background!

conil said...

Oh dear...so feminine and pretty. Vibrant color and using the wire for the antenna and the back of the sentiment to shade th words was a stroke of genius.

Deepti said...

Gorgeous! I like that u used the outlines for flowers and made a solid butterfly :)

Greta said...

Wow--I love this card, Virginia! Great idea with the wire & how you did the sentiment!

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia this is so gorgeous, I love the background and the butterfly and definitely the colours!! Swoon!

vinita jain said...

Love the backdrops of lovely flowers and a pretty butterfly!

Lisa said...

This flows together beautifully Virginia, what a lovely card!

Laura B. said...

masking perfection, vivid color and awesome photography...check, check & check!

Milka Gubo said...

Gorgeous card, Virginia, as always! :-D As I get "older" I like orange color more and more (when I was teenager I hated it LOL). :-D

Carol McCready said...

Your card turned out beautiful.