Thursday, January 29, 2015

Online Card Class--Clean and Simple 4

Hello, my friends?
How is your winter going? Mine is rather COLD and FROZEN.
In order to beat the winter blah, I treated myself to the latest Online Card Classes (Clean and Simple 4) hosted by uber talents such as Jennifer McGuire, Kristina Werner and special guest teachers! As usual, I am enjoying myself in this class.

Today's card was inspired by the super talented Debby Hughes. I am loving her technique and tutorial. After seeing the fabulous video, I had to give it a go. It is the perfect timing as I recently got some new intricate dies from Simon Says Stamp. 

I chose the green paper background as it is so pleasing to the eyes with the white.
love
 I had so much fun playing with the die cut pieces. I did not purposely aim for a perfect circle with the tree branches as I love this rustic look.
love
The best thing about this type of card is that it is FLAT and perfect for mailing! I think this also makes a lovely gift of framed art! I may try to do that some day! It's not too late to sign up the class as you have lifetime access to them!

Supplies: Calliope Flourish, Song Birdbranch, All Seasons Tree Die (Simon Says Stamp), Scripty Love word die (Lawn Fawn), Vivienne (Basic Grey)

Last but not least, if you are looking for some awesome dies---CAS-ual Fridays has a DEAL for you! The Fri-Dies are versatile and of great quality. Tic-Tac-Toe CAS-ual Trees and Double Notes are my favorites!

Thanks for stopping by!

23 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Such a beautiful and unique card Virginia!
I love it!!
Thank You~

Sarah Gray said...

Gorgeous - love the crisp white of the intricate dies against the rich green!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

WOW!!! This is so elegant and Beautiful - absolutely LOVE it!!!

Dawn Turley said...

oh my goodness... I love your use of green as your background. such a pretty card.

Cathy said...

Love the green background, so crisp and fresh with the lovely white diecut, Cathy x

Cris said...

Wow, Virginia! I love how this looks! Great take on the class! x

Lin said...

LOVE how this turned out, Virginia! Great choices for your dies and that green shows them off beautifully!

Cindy C. said...

It's beautiful Virginia!! It reminds me of Chinese Paper Cut Arts.

Vicki Dutcher said...

The white die cuts look amazing with the green! Totally pops off the page :)

Laura Norris said...

Oh- this is gorgeous ! Great choices of die cuts, and I really like the green.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Very pretty! I love the green and white!

Harriet said...

A lovely and soothing card....great idea Virginia.

Kara Lynne said...

So beautiful! I had to keep looking at it to figure out what floral-circle-die-with-birds that was, but then I read on that you designed it yourself, WOW!

Miriam Prantner said...

perfect placement! Love this!

Deepti said...

Love the beautiful placement of the die cut :)

Lisa said...

The green background was the perfect choice for your crisp white die cut! This is beautiful Virginia!!

Taunya Butler said...

Virginia - what a beautiful sight this card is!!! Love the dainty, precise diecuts you have used to make up this beauty!!! Love the circle and the white on the green does indeed POP!!! Way to go - hope all your homework is this A+++++ Have an amazing day!!!

Shelly said...

This is beautiful! Love the green background!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful take on Debby's technique, Virginia! I love your choices of dies and the green background is so pretty!

~amy~ said...

absolutely STUNNING

Tracey McNeely said...

Turned out gorgeous!

donna mikasa said...

Green and white together have never looked so gorgeous!

Sheila H said...

I love the crisp, clean look of your card, Virginia.