Thursday, January 22, 2015

Sending You Love & Hugs

Hello, friends!
 I am sharing a card that I made with my latest stencil and die.
Lately, I am in the stitching mode and I have been loving playing with the Screen Element die.
Floral Vines stencil (Hero Arts),  Screen Elements (Simon Says Stamp)
 I hope my card will bring some cheerfulness to you.
sending you love and hugs
Supplies:  Sending and  Wishing ,Stitched Rectangles, Distress Inks (Ripe Persimmon, Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn), Floral Vines stencil (Hero Arts) and Screen Elements (Simon Says Stamp), sequins, embroidery threads (Michael's)
 I am busy working on next month's Virginia's View Challenge , Monthly Stamp Study #5 (takes place on Feb. 7) and StampNation's Stamp Clinic. You could say that I have been stamping up a storm lately :)

Conversation in my craft room last Sunday:
daughter: hey, this looks so cool.
V: yeah, it's my Peerless watercolor.
daughter: wow, they look SO professional...
son: ...they make you look like a REAL artist.
feeling amused.
Thanks for stopping by!

30 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

You are on a stitching roll! Your card is as fresh as the coming spring, Virginia! I love the colors you chose for the stencil. Moms are just moms to their kids, aren't they.

Jennifer Jackson said...

So pretty- love the colors! Of course your kids don't realize you ARE a real artist! So funny!

Alanna said...

Just gorgeous. I love the colors.

Craft-E-Place said...

Beautiful card.
Elaine

Milka Gubo said...

WOW! This card is soooo pretty, Virginia. Love the colors. :-D

Susanne Vargas said...

This is so pretty!

conil said...

Busy, busy, busy but not too busy to stitch up this wonderful, happy card. I bought that die, as well. Haven't used it yet, sad to say.

ionabunny said...

I got a set of stitched dies for christmas and am using them for everything. That stitch detail makes such a difference. Love the card. Hugz

lavina agarwal said...

Wow what a gorgeous card!

Taunya Butler said...

These colors - WOW - love the way they are sponged so softly and so pleasing!! Your stitching is also OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! I am so impressed and love the way you used that die and then stitched with it!! You rocked my socks off -- I am completely swooning and in AWE!!!

Deepti said...

This is fabulous and I so love the stitching :)

joy said...

Pretty colors, pretty card!

Carol McCready said...

Your card is so pretty. I love the colors and stitching.

Bobby said...

That stitched heart looks fabulous over your wonderful stenciled flower background.

Tracey McNeely said...

Awesome Virginia, I just want to play with your card!

vinita jain said...

I love those stitching, so pretty and fresh!

Dawn Turley said...

gorgeous Virginia.

Jo Nevill said...

Fabulous ! I love the colours you have used and your stitching details.

Sheila H said...

Love the stitching and the bright colors!

aaga said...

wow, Virginia, this is so clever!

Veronica Z said...

Oh my, it's absolutely perfect! I love it Mrs. Virginia!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful card, Virginia! I love the color combo and how you stitched around the heart...Great way to pair your stencils and dies!

Ruby N said...

Beautiful card!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love that stitching, Virginia. Great color choice too!

Miriam Prantner said...

I love the stitching, but my favorite part of the card is the stenciling. Love that you just did the corners and great color choices.

Brenda said...

You always choose the most lively colours Virginia, love it!

Shelly said...

Such a happy card! Love the colors!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Very pretty background!

Harriet said...

To David and Stephanie....your mom is a card artist. Love this card.

donna mikasa said...

Love the vibrant colors you used and how you paired it with the screen heart. So pretty!