Thursday, January 8, 2015

Too Cold for ..... Ice Cream!

Hello, friends! We are in the middle of the dead of winter; at least in my Eastern part of Canada, it is FREEZING! Eating ice cream is not the first thing you would think of doing...but that didn't stop me from making an ice cream tag. It all started with this set of Fri-Dies (from CAS-ual Fridays).
http://www.cas-ualfridaysstamps.com/Truth-Blooms-Fri-Dies-CFSD-14-112.htm
True Blooms Fri-Die is a matching die for the stamp set Truth Is
Previously, I made a hamburger card with this set of dies. Yeah, I love food :)
everything is going to be fantastic
This time, I came up with another idea---an ice cream cone!

 I wanted to play with Mix Media supplies. Recently I got myself a new jar of Gesso at Michael's. I started the background with an acetate star (Studio Calico) and used it as a stencil. I used Gelato to blend in the colors and applied Gesso for the white wash.
For the "ice cream", I die cut the white foam with the True Bloom Fri-Die and then arranged them accordingly. For the "cone", I did some masking with paper and applied brown Gelato. I then used the Dreamweaver Metallic Gold embossing paste with the Triangle Pattern stencil to create the patterns on the cone. For the "caramel sauce", I used Wink of Stella (Gold)
I know the "recipe" sounds strange, but it totally worked, don't you think?
Ice cream tag
 Hope you are staying warm... :)
Thanks for stopping by!

26 comments:

Milka Gubo said...

Beautiful tag, Virginia :-D

Julie C. said...

Wow! That looks yum! Love the tag!

LauraJane:) said...

Way to stretch those dies Virginia!
Make some fries to go with the burger and ice cream and you have my FAVORITE meal:))

conil said...

You are totally ingenius. What a terrific idea. Brilliant!

sunshinelouisiana said...

Wow, Virginia, this looks so yummy! Those mediums you used worked perfectly...and the Wink of Stella looks divine on top!!
Now I'm hungry! LOL!
Hugs and keep smilin'
Sunshine Sharon

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love your ice cream tag!

Cindy C. said...

OMG what a scrumptious ice-cream cone!!

Susanne Vargas said...

That is one rocking mixed media tag! Love everything about it! You are very good at thinking outside the box with your dies and stamps! Very inspirational!

Shelly said...

Yum! This is awesome, Virginia! Love how you used the die!

Deepti said...

These are so yummmmm and what a genius idea :)

Kara Lynne said...

Mixed media at it's best, and tastiest too! I love every element on your card, but I think my favorite is the texture on the cone!

Barb said...

As always, you are so clever and creative! Love this fun, adorable card, V! ♥

jen said...

Love the way you have used all those techniques, it looks fabulous.
Hope you stay warm, I am on the other hemisphere and it is around 95 here today

Lisa said...

Cute burger card and your ice-cream cone is so creative!! I can eat chocolate ice-cream no matter how cold it gets outside LOL!!

Laura B. said...

totally brilliant!!! I'll take an ice cream with my burger any day!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Yes, it TOTALLY WORKED! You did such an amazing job with your mixed media supplies, Virginia...I'm so impressed! In fact, you've inspired me to try some of these techniques :)

yyam said...

Yummy! Your ice-cream cone looks relish!

P/s: I actually love eating ice-cream in winter. I remember eating gelato in Rome and it took me an hour....such a luxury...you know in Singapore, I gotta eat fast or it'll just melt into a mess! lol

Pam said...

Wow! This is fabulous. Love all the techniques you used. Yummy!

Kristie Goulet said...

You are so creative, Virginia! WOW!!!

Laura Norris said...

How fun!,,

Carol McCready said...

Love that fun tag.

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so cool, no pun intended. I not only love how you did the ice cream, but the cone is just wonderful!

Sheila H said...

Love it, Virginia!

Helen Gullett said...

Virginia.. you are genius and creative! WOW whoever thought to turn this flower dies into ice cream and burger? YOU! :D

SonjaK said...

Wonderful ideas! Thanks for the inspiration.

Melissa F said...

Brilliant idea! LOVE this collage style tag!