Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Working with Stickyback Canvas

Hello! I am back with another card made with Simon Says Stamp February Card Kit.
This kit also comes with 1 Swatch of Stickyback Canvas by Ranger.
Some of you may not have experienced in playing with this material- stickyback Canvas. But really, it is not that hard to get acquainted with this fun medium.
019
I treated it like textured watercolor paper. It is absorbent and can take water and paint well. Of course, you do have to let it dry before you stamp any image on it.

For my canvas, I applied Gelatos with a few dabs of water. I should have had a color plan before I worked on it. But I didn't ( well, it shows!). It is important not to contaminate the colors because it can become a brownish mess/muddy...however, I think I "saved" the canvas by blending Gesso to lighten up the entire color scheme. I also applied hearts and arrows with Rub ons from Crate Paper's Kiss Kiss collection (included in the kit).

Here is the end result.
will you

Somehow I wish I could re-do the canvas as I do have extras from my collections. But, I resisted to do so. Because it is what it is. To me---> life is like a canvas, you work with what you've got!

Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

Greta said...

Love the look of the colors on canvas, Virginia--I need to do that again!

Barb said...

Such a fun card, V! Love the pretty colors and wonderful texture from the canvas! ♥

Dawn Turley said...

LOVE it Virginia. So arty

~amy~ said...

Such a fun card Virginia!

Deepti said...

Canvas looks cool! I love the falling hearts too :)

joy said...

pretty outcome, Virginia!

Katie said...

I think it turned out great, no need for a do-over.

Sheila H said...

Nice card, Virginia. I love the bold stamping on the colorful Gesso. The little hearts are so pretty. No do-over necessary!

Beth H. said...

The end result is beautiful! Sometimes it is nice to just go with it. Good advice though for the rest of us:) Thanks for your inspiration!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great colors on the canvas!

conil said...

Actually, I like the color on the canvas...using your gesso was a terrific idea. Love the backgroun you created with the rub-ons.

Kara Lynne said...

I like the canvas, the lighter center really centers your eye to the sentiment!

Linda R said...

That little canvas looks wonderful. Such a great card. I LOVE it.

Hugs~

Nicole Parmentier said...

awesome! I don't miss a color plan at.all! Thanks for the inspiration, still waiting for my kit to arrive in the Netherlands...

Lisa said...

A cute little work of art Virginia!

Shelly said...

A sweet little Valentine! And now you sound like me, with no color plan! lol I rarely have one, until I start doing something with a color. Though, I think sometimes it can lead to a happy surprise in the end! ;)

Taunya Butler said...

That sticky back canvas is awesome stuff!! Love the color palette that you chose for this beautiful valentine!! Perfect stamped accents and the pretty sequins make this a Beyond AWESOME card!!! So great - I hope you pat yourself on the back!! Have a way good day!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

So gorgeous Virginia, love all that you are doing with gelatos!

Milka Gubo said...

Oh how pretty! :-D

Carol McCready said...

Great card. I love the colors on the canvas. Had to pin it.