Tuesday, February 10, 2015

A Card with Scraps

Hello! I am sharing a card that was made with "scraps"... You see, all the pieces that I did were for "other" projects. When it came to the time of actually putting them together, they didn't seem to fit! The random pieces sat on my craft desk for a few days and then somehow... this card was born. 

The biggest challenge was the stenciled background with white emboss paste on kraft card stock. When I first got the Hero Arts stencil, I thought it seemed like a good idea to use white embossing paste on kraft card stock. It was all fun to do that. Then after I created that background, I had no idea what to do with it...
missing you!
So, when in doubt, just add a butterfly! 
026
Stamps: Label Love , Painted Butterflies (Altenew)
Inks: Cup of Joe (Hero Arts), Festive Berries (TH Distress ink), Stampin' Up (pink)
Paper: Stampin' Up, white and Kraft (Michael's)
Accessories: Floral Vines(Hero Arts/BG stencil),  Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste (white), white strings, gems

I stamped the painted butteries 3 times on pink card stock. After stamping the entire image and I cut it out, I then embossed it with clear embossing powder. The colors are much more prominent and sharp.The clear-embossing also added some needed textures for the fragile antenna, too! It's clear to see that Clear Embossing Powder is the unsung hero here :)
I am pleased to see that this card has come to a happy ending.

The end.

27 comments:

Barb said...

Such a pretty card, V! Awesome use of embossing paste and love your beautiful, pink butterfly! ♥

Dawn Turley said...

totally awesome Virginia. Love your "Scraps" everything looks great together.

vinita jain said...

Beautiful textural background and that butterfly in pink is very pretty, love it!

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Beautiful card & the butterfly is gorgeous! So glad you found a use for all the random bits that now look like they belong together :)

Lynn said...

An absolutely gorgeous ending! Love the embossing paste on kraft paper!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Beautiful, I love the paste on craft bg and that butterfly is so pretty in pink ;-)

LauraJane:) said...

Love it when orphan pieces come together and make a knock out grouping!
That stencil is oh so tempting:)

Renee said...

That background is so amazing! LOVE

Susanne Vargas said...

I would say you found a perfect use for your stenciled background and all the other scraps! This card is fabulous! You are right, butterflies make everything pretty!

Beth H. said...

So pretty! I love it!

Miriam Prantner said...

The stenciling is wonderful and I just love that beautiful butterfly!

Charlene said...

So pretty!!

conil said...

Quite the sweet story & look how well it came out. Love this butterfly stamp anyway, but it really comes to life on your embossed background.

Keren Baker said...

I really love this one. I used to use Kraft all the time and you've inspired me to dig it out again. The paste looks awesome on top!

Crafty EllenH. said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. & WOWzie I didn't knew you had an own website... These are some pretty cards I see on your blog!!

cm said...

Swooning over this gorgeous, classy card! That butterfly...exquisite! Oh, how I want that set...
~c

Shelly said...

Love your background! And the butterfly is the perfect touch, indeed! Gorgeous, Virginia.Gorgeous.

alexandra s.m. said...

You're too funny but so right too ;)
Love your card!
I made one similar...the pop of color on the kraft and white is so perfect!
Thanks Virginia!

Kara Lynne said...

Your embossed background is the perfect back drop for your butterfly! I forget about clear embossing powder, thanks for the tip!

Bobby said...

Your embossing looks wonderful, Virginia, and that red butterfly just pops off it.

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Virginia! I love your pink butterfly and your background is just beautiful! Love that you chose white embossing paste on Kraft, too...I need to try that!

francesca said...

super elegant card Virginia!! :)
love it!! :)

Taunya Butler said...

So very glad that those extra, floating scraps found a home!! That butterfly is stunning, to say the least!! And what a cool background - I like the look of the embossing paste on the kraft paper!! You just made amaxingness with just a few little bits - awesomely done!!! I received your beautiful and sweet card - love it and love knowing you!!! Have an amazing day!!!

~amy~ said...

Oh how pretty! Love that background!

Leni said...

Virginia, this is a lovely card! This turned out beautiful.

Linda R said...

It Looks wonderful,

Hugs~

Deepti said...

Oh so pretty! I love the stenciled embossing paste :) love love love this beauty