Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Online Card Class ( Colored Vellum)

Hi there!
I hope you are not tired of seeing my "homework" from Clean and Simple Online Card Class...
today's card was inspired by one of the talented teachers Carrisa Wiley. The technique is to create colored vellum. I had done this before with alcohol inks, which worked really beautifully!
 You can see my full tutorial here.

Today's card is a great alternative if you don't have alcohol inks. The Painted Butterfly from Altenew is perfect for my artsy fartsy kind of background. Don't you think?

Hi
 Here is the close -up 
015
In case you are wondering how I created the butterfly.
You can either swipe the paint colors or spray the colors. I chose the sprayed one because it is more fitting with my colorful background.
 I am busy preparing Virginia's Monthly Stamp Study that will take place this Saturday! Basically, I used the same stamp set and created several cards with different techniques and styles. You would not believe how many I created with the same stamps... you'll find out right in this blog on Saturday!
Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Taunya Butler said...

Wow- I am all a gasp!!! This is beautifully done, that awesomely bright colored background caused me to swoon and then you add in the gorgeous butterfly. Talk about this card seriously "flitting" its' way into my heart to take up permanent residence - like SO many of your cards do!!! Love seeing your amazingly powerful creations!!! Love and hugs to you,!!

Lynn said...

Stunning! Aren't you loving the class? I find it is a great mojo pick me up! Love your gorgeous vellum Virginia.

vinita jain said...

Love the artsy effect, the butterfly is looking awesome, Thanks for sharing!!!

Keren Baker said...

I Love colouring vellum too- love the rainbow swooshes of ink- such a lovely card and the butterfly is the perfect finishing touch! x

Annette Allen said...

you do amazing things with color.. this is gorgeous

Kara Lynne said...

The butterfly is so perfect with the vibrant background! So fun and beautiful!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Love your artsy butterfly and background! TFS

conil said...

You really did a fab job on the colored vellum lesson. So pretty and vibrant, the butterfly is fun and fresh looking.

Miriam Prantner said...

Such an easy and gorgeous backdrop for your card!

Happy Dance said...

That sound you heard was my jaw hitting the desk! This has got to be one of the most beautiful cards ever. It's seriously fantastic!! Bold and beautiful, and thanks so much for sharing your 'homework!' Bev

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the vibrant colours and your very cool card Virginia! Absolutely stunning!

~amy~ said...

Oooohhhh...love all the colors!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh such gorgeous butterflies, Virginia!! Thanks so much for showing us the behind-the-scenes method to getting them so fun and fancy!

Shelly said...

Absolutely, beautiful!

Sheila H said...

The colored vellum just pops as does the butterfly. Your card is so artistic, Virginia.