Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #304


wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the All Creatures Great and Samll Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Add a Little Texture

 We are using  Simon Says Stamp products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-)

I decided to use two types of texture for my design--Burlap and cork (from DCWV)
 
 I used all Simon Says Stamp products in this card. The only stamping I did was the small sentiment (from Sending and Wishing). The cool thing about this die Songbird Branch is that you can arrange it however you like it. In my card, I turned it into an anniversary/wedding card. 
Aren't the love birds cute in their "nest"?

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product.aspx?id=313905 
I am loving the Stitched Rectangle for almost every card I made. The stitched details really enhances the overall design. I also used it to die cut the burlap, but you can't see the stitched details on it. The word die Wishing is pretty handy, too!


As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!

Here's what's next in my blog tomorrow at 7 am Eastern Time.
 I have some NEW projects to share!
Thanks for stopping by!  

33 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie I have a thing for birds and this is just stunning, I love how you have layered up the leaves and done the birds touchy feely too, stunning creation hugs Pops x

Milka Gubo said...

WOW! Gorgeous card Virginia! Love burlap and cork textures.
Have a great day :-D xx

alexandra s.m. said...

I love how you did this Virginia!
Love the various texture and colors ;)
Thanks for the constant inspiration!!

richardbreaks said...

I love that you managed texture in such an elegant way, and without any paste. I don't have any pastes, so it is nice to know you can get texture without it!

Barb said...

Fab ideas for adding texture, V! What a beautiful card! ♥

Lynn said...

Oh I love, love, love this card. Absolutely stunning Virginia!

Lorraine A said...

Beautiful card Virginia :-) I love the burlap and cork together, the whole earthy design is fabulous with the cute little birds, totally adorable :-)

luv
Lols x x x

~amy~ said...

love it, awesome work.

Lin said...

Virginia, I adore what you did for this challenge! Such a pleasing design, good for a man or a woman - well done, my friend!

Happy Dance said...

Very cool! Love all the delicious textures on this card. Love that bright color on the "wishing" part of the sentiment. Wonderful card! Bev

LauraJane:) said...

Warm and cozy, Virginia...LOVE the burlap!

conil said...

Love the cork & burlap & the very clever way you made the nest.

Lisa said...

Fabulous texture Virginia, this is pretty!!

Harriet said...

Wonderful, Virginia, I admire your creativity. Love the contrast of the burlap, white cardstock and cork birds.

Heather said...

A fabulous card Virginia, I love your design with the hessian background and the beautiful branch and cork birds!!

hugs
Heather xx

Deepti said...

Stunning design! I love the way you placed the twigs :)

Bobby said...

I recently got that die, Virginia, so thanks for the inspiration on how to use it. Your little love nest is fantastic. Cork birds? Creative.

Greta said...

I really love this card, Virginia! The burlap & cork are just wonderful here!

debby4000 said...

Love your card and how you've used the branches.
luv
Debby

Dawn Turley said...

delightful Virginia.

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Virginia! I love the burlap panel and the clever way you used the cork for the birds...so pretty!

aaga said...

awwww how I love this card...

Shelly said...

Love this!...sigh...

Miriam Prantner said...

So sweet! Love the delicate nest and all the great texture!

Taunya Butler said...

Oh, Oh MY!!! Wonderful - excellent texture and so much character packed into one little card!! I love it and think it is simply beautifully done!!! Sorry to be so slow in my commenting and visiting you but between getting ready for 10 days with my grandbabies and actually being here with them I have been just a touch busy!!! But I hope you know how amazing I think you are even when I don't get the chance to come and tell you right away!!

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Totally gorgeous card, Virgina! Love the cork birds :)


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Kara Lynne said...

Oh that texture is just wonderful! I love those sweet little birds on your bundle of twigs, and what a wonderful sentiment. Fantastic design, Virginia!

ionabunny said...

That's gorgeous. Love the bird and the burlap. Hugz

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous card, love the texture you have used

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Gorgeous card Virginia! Wonderful design and I love the burlap!

hugs...

Caryn said...

Absolutely love this - so touchy-feely!!

Karen D. said...

gorgeous...love the natural feel of the burlap with the image...

Jingle said...

Very pretty card, Virginia. I love the layout on this!