Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #305

wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Add a Little Textures Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Anything Goes

 We are using Lawn Fawn products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-) 

For my card, I used Scripty Love. I think I am addicted to the Lawn Fawn Word dies. I've got  Scripty Joy and Scripty Thanks. The next one for me to get is Scripty Hugs.

love love love
How did I come about the design? I simply created a colorful background with swipes of Distress Inks and then made the die cut accordingly. Noticed I also used a black die underneath the colorful ones? Yup, it's the little things..., right? 
I also used my favorite Stitched Rectangles.

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by! 

26 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Sweet card, Virginia! Rainbow love - very cute! I noticed the black underneath right away. Really does make your 'love' pop! So sweet! Bev

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the colors on the sentiment die cuts, so pretty!

Jingle said...

The bright colors on this make me happy! Fabulous!

Milka Gubo said...

Hi Virginia :-D
This card is so simple and GORGEOUS! Love it!!! :-D

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Virginia :-) I love the rainbow scripty words, they look 3D with the offset black ! I love the whole design of this and am now adding the scripty greetings to my wish list too :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Taunya Butler said...

What a fascinating and truly happy, smile inducing card!!! Love the rainbow words and that shadow of black against the light blue just makes the words pop and stand out more!!! You are such a great designer - love the way you pay attention to the little things - because they are often what makes the difference between wow and WOWZERS!!!! Love and hugs to you!!!

Cindy C. said...

Oh so sweet!!

Lin said...

I love how the black makes the colors pop even more, Virginia......must remember this little trick!

Susanne Vargas said...

Love, Love, Love your card (sorry, couldn't resist)! It looks awesome how you offset the colored dies with the black ones!
And thanks for pointing out that the calligraphy stamp was in Japanese...

conil said...

Love the vibrancy of this card. Slightly offsetting the love die really makes it POP against the black.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Totally gorgeous, Virginia! I LOVE the bright and sunny palette :)


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lisa said...

Really cute Virginia, reminds me of the 60's!!

Shelly said...

Ooooh, LOVE this!

Heather said...

A stunning card Virginia, I love the black background on the pretty rainbow coloured text!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Kara Lynne said...

I'm lovin' the rainbow "love" and the black detail rocks!

mayholicraft said...

Yay!!!! Full of Love!!!!!! How cool it is!!! Love the way you adhered the black die cut underneath the colorful words. So pretty!!!! May

Dawn Turley said...

stunning Virginia. Your pretty coloured Love are just lovely. love the black shadow

Myrthe said...

Dies dies dies <3
hahahaa like the colors you used

Keren Baker said...

Love the dimension and the black. The multicoloured words look fab! x

Renee said...

Love this! Absolutely gorgeous :)

Tricia Ann said...

Aha! I can do this. I like the simplicity of your card as well as the multi-colors and black shadow. Thanks for the idea! :-)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Love how you've backed the scrip die with black Virginia - add a completely different look to the word - may have to try this one. Super striking and inspirational.

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie I love this the black shadow really makes the colourful words pop up, so neat, thank you for having me this month hugs Pops x x x

Laura B. said...

loving those ombre die cut words!!!! gorgeous!!

Barb Ghig said...

I love, love, love how you created your die cut sentiments and the drop shadow is fabulous! Another awesome card, Virginia!

Cathy said...

I love love love the colours on this card :) amazing!!