Friday, February 27, 2015

Two More Flower Cards!

Perhaps it's the grey skies and freezing cold weather we are having....
I have been making cards with FLOWERS! 
Can you blame me? I think not.

The "culprit" is this stamp set "Artful Flowers" from Simon Says Stamp.
012
 I took out a few colors that I love. These are mostly inks from Simon Says Stamp's ink collection. The tiny silver dots were stamped in Delicata. It's a quick way to add silver without embossing!
Thinking of You

I took a simpler approach for my 2nd card.
024
The sentiment is from Flight of Fancy (Clearly Besotted Stamps).
Two things about this card--blue vellum and silver-embossing. Done.
it's your special day
I am keeping this post short and sweet! Hope you all have a fabulous day!
Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Shelly said...

Happy Friday, Virginia! These are BEAUTIFUL! Love!

Taunya Butler said...

OH MY GOODNESS - you are an absolute genius when it comes to creating floral cards!!! These are gorgeous!! The first one just so vibrant and bursting with color!!! The second one incredible with the silver embossed blue vellum - BOTH just stunningly beautiful!! Love seeing your work and this post was glorious!!!

conil said...

Spring is coming...I can feel it in my bones and see is blooming on your blog. Both of these cards definitely invoke Spring Fever.

Harriet said...

Perhaps it's the cold....whatever, Virginia your cards today made me smile!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

That second one is GORGEOUS! LOVE!!!!

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful, Virginia! Your flowers certainly brighten up my day! I love the scattered design on your first card. That second card with the center focus looks so sweet and delicate!

Ruby Craft said...

love these colors, especially the silver embossing on blue vellum. Perfect stamp for these fun flower cards.

Lisa said...

Delightful cards Virginia, a wonderful pick me up with this cold winter dragging on!

Barb Ghig said...

You are so clever, Virginia! I love how you added the silver centers to the flowers on your first card and the colors are so pretty! I'm LOVING how you stamped the center flower with silver EP and that you chose vellum on your second card...it's so striking! Two really stunning cards!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW Virginia! These are absolutely Amazing!!! LOVE them!!!

Bobby said...

I love these flowers and they're especially beautiful in vellum. Wonderful cards, Virginia.

Carol McCready said...

Great cards. Love the vellum flower.

Karen D. said...

such happy cards especially for Spring....will it ever arrive!

Bonnie said...

That blue vellum flower has my attention! Into my CASE file!

Yaruby said...

I'm very Thankful for You Virginia, your cards have brought so much happiness to my days ahead..Thank you! I love each and everyone of them.