Sunday, February 1, 2015

Virginia's View Challenge #12

This is the EXACT same post as today's Virginia's View challenge. For your convenience, I re-posted it here in my blog. You will have to link up your creations here.

Happy February, my friends!
Welcome to the new challenge! I can't believe this is already the 12th one! Time flies when you are having fun! Well, the fun starts right now as we are into the month of LOVE! What can be more fitting than creating shaker cards? If you are new to card-making and are not familiar with shaker cards, you can find a few tutorials about making shaker cards.

Here are some great tutorials. You should definitely check them out if you haven't already.
Kristina Werner: Sewn Shaker Card
Nichol Magouirk: Shaker Card with Beads


You can use anything for your shaker card content: confetti, beads, sequins, flowers, hearts..and shape images  (from punches and die-cutting). Sky is the limit! Think outside the box!


Your shaker element can be small or large.
thankslove    
You can also create faux shaker cards (see here).
XOXO
You can create any shape and sizes (see here)
close-up
My take on a shaker card.
love to you
I started out with creating the card front. With water-coloring, you can create any image you want. I placed foam tape underneath the large rectangle frame and added sequins and acetate on top. Voila!
I hope that you are inspired to create a shaker card! Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Oh, this is going to be a FUN and popular challenge, Virginia! And I just love your samples--especially the last one. It's totally awesome!

Dawn Turley said...

So on trend... I made my first shaker card last week... Your cards are delightful

joy said...

Love your card, Virginia! And, I predict lots and lots of entries for this challenge. :)

Lynn said...

Oh these samples are all stunning Virginia!

ionabunny said...

Ooh, love shaker cards. What a great theme. This will be a fantatsic gallery to refer to. Hugz

Happy Dance said...

Love your shakers! And you've inspired me to try something new in a shaker too. Can't wait to play! Bev

~amy~ said...

I love them all!

Cindy C. said...

Gorgeous shaker cards Virginia!! A very fun challenge indeed!!

Barb Ghig said...

Love your shaker cards, Virginia! Sounds like a fun challenge...Count me in!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a wonderful bunch of shaker cards, Virginia!! And I love the tag too - so darling!! I've never made a shaker card so it's about time I try, eh? Thanks for a fun challenge!

Sheila H said...

I've never made a shaker card. Thanks for the lovely examples.

Miriam Prantner said...

The coloring on that last card is beautiful, love the bright colors!

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia so many Wow`s on this page! I love all your shakers and now I want to make some too! You are always so on trend!!

Taunya Butler said...

WOW, WOW, WOW - you make shaker card making look easy as pie!! But I am scared - but I honestly am going to give it a try!!!!

Carol McCready said...

What a fun challenge. I'm going to have to participate.

vinita jain said...

Very cute shaker card, love watercoloring!!

Milka Gubo said...

These are amazing, Virginia! Gorgeous design of every shaker card, cheerful colors ... I like them all a lot! :-D