Thursday, March 5, 2015

Another Take on Camellia Dies

When my kids were little, we went to a lot of music lessons, and I mean A LOT of lessons. Both Stephanie and David took extensive piano and cello lessons for over 10 years.  They learned that "Rome was not built in a Day" , "Practice Makes Perfect"....and that Delayed Gratification would help them go far in their future. They have certainly learned discipline and now they can actively serve the church and play at wedding functions with their instruments.

Delayed gratification for me? Not so much
What I love about the on-line stamping community is the INSTANT gratification.
You make a card, you share in the blog...you feel the love right away!
People in the card-making community are giving and caring and they are so generous with their comments and love. I am sure you'd agree?

Oh, enough of my silly talk...back to the card that I whipped up yesterday.
Penny Black's Camellia dies make me feel like a PRO.  
Here are my two previous cards with these dies.
This is the latest...
close-up

First I created an intricate background with the fine detailed die. Then I made a few splatter with blue spray ink (to create a little "drama").
enjoy yourself
I used Distress Inks (Broken China, Chipped Sapphire and Weathered Woods) to create my own blue color paper. Then I made the solid flower die cut and added the splatter with a few small droplets of water. Lastly, I added the final touches-silver strings and sequins. The sentiment was embossed in silver (by Ranger, silver).

And since it's Throwback Thursday over Facebook, I 'd like to share my daughter Stephanie's OLD birthday photo. As Stephanie wanted to be Belle ( Beauty and the Beast), my friend Linda made her a Belle cake for her 4th birthday. Time flies!

edited: it's not Stephanie's birthday yet...not till April :) 
Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Milka Gubo said...

Hi Virginia :-D
GORGEOUS card!!!! :-D
Happy birthday to your daughter :-D
hugs
Milka

Lin said...

BLUE flowers! Swooooooon! Love your card, V! Happy Birthday to your sweet Stephanie!

Shelly said...

Gorgeous card! I'm loving those dies! And what a sweet pic of your daughter...SO cute!

Kara Lynne said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love how you gave one flower the focus and spread that color with the spatter! Gorgeous silver details! What a sweetheart with her Belle cake!

Lisa said...

This is beautiful Virginia, love the embossed sentiment!

Linda R said...

Such a beautiful card.. I adore the blue flowers.. And that photo of your daughter is so cute..

Hugs~

Veronica Z said...

I just had to come and tell you how much I LOVE this card!! Fabulous job Virginia!!

Dawn Turley said...

A very beautiful card Virginia. Love Stephanie's photo. She was a cutie and has grown to a beautiful young lady.

sandi said...

Love th I s card, very pretty

vinita jain said...

Pretty and beautiful creation!!!
Happy Birthday to your Loving daughter!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! Love how delicate and lacy it is!

Bobby said...

Using the die to make that intricate background is beautiful, Virginia. The big blue camellia just adds to the drama.

Nora N. said...

Sigh. I want to come and use your supplies. You keep showing all these fabulous products that I want and my husband has put me on a spending freeze!! (and believe me, he should!!) I LOVE this card. The way you used the dies are just fabulous. I love your colors as well. Breathtaking card.

Taunya Butler said...

Excellently done - and I must comment here and tell you that it is your TALENT that makes you a PRO not your supplies - you are MEGA talented and what you create causes smiles everywhere!!! Having wonderful and cool supplies in your stash definitely help!! But you are amazing and this card just echoes of beauty!!!

Yoonsun Hur said...

Oh My Goodness... Virginia, this card is so very beautiful!!