Friday, March 27, 2015

Create a Nature Scene

Hello friends!
I have a few lovely floral and nature type of Penny Black stamps. 
 
                                         You and Me                                           Sprigs
I decided to be the match-maker in creating a nature scene.
Mr. & Mrs.
Again, I used MISTI when I created this card (SORRY... to those who don't have MISTI). You can totally do it without the MISTI. BUT it sure is fun to play with this so-called Cadillac version of a stamp positioner! Notice the selective stamping and color layering (the birds, flowers and sprigs). After all the stamping, I embossed the Mr. & Mrs. in silver and added sequins and ribbons for the final touch. After all, it's a wedding card and we need to dress it up for this monumental occasion.

This card is going to a young couple who are getting married in May! 
Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

Harriet said...

Another beyond beautiful card. Virginia you make me so pleased to be a card maker. Now if I could get a Misti I would be in heaven. I hope you know how much your creative juices are appreciated....to see a lovely card and just know you can make one too is so wonderful.

Deepti said...

What a lovely scene :)

conil said...

Boy, you're giving that MISTI a workout. This is a fabulous wedding card. Don't you love that stamp set? I do.

Cindy C. said...

Virginia you've created a very lovely scene on the card!! It reminds me of a scene of "The Mittle mermaid" when the song "Kiss the Girl" was played!

Cindy C. said...

Alright it's The Little Mermaid. Meant to change case of "m" and ... well you know!! LOL

joy said...

Very pretty card, Virginia! I think I can live without the Misti, but who knows? I thought the same thing about a die cutting machine. <3

Shelly said...

This is so pretty!

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful wedding card! I agree with Cindy, it reminds me of that romantic scene in The Little Mermaid! I just tried out the MISTI today, I wish I had more time just to play with it!

Teresa W. said...

Beautiful romantic card! LOL! I like the so called Cadillac version of stamp positioner - MISTI.

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous Virginia. A really pretty card.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous card, Virginia! I just love all the dangling vines - so romantic!

SonjaK said...

Great card! Love all those colors. Einfach herrlich!

Nora N. said...

Amazing Virginia!! I always see stamps like this and rarely buy them because I don't know how to use them. Your card is stunning and now I think I will have to try a set out. Thank you for all your inspiration!!

Linda R said...

WOW!! So pretty. I love to see what designs you come up with..

Hugs~

alexandra s.m. said...

Genius combo!
I love your card Virginia!!

Tenia Nelson said...

So gorgeous!!

Robin K. said...

Never heard of the misti- I'll have to see what that's all about! What a lovely card for a newlywed couple- love how you combined the sets!

Sheila H said...

Your color combo is unique and so striking, Virginia.

Carol McCready said...

I'm sure the happy couple will love your card. Those colors are gorgeous.

I've just ordered the misti. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh what a beautiful scene you created, I love the colors and the great design.

emjaune said...

Love it, thanks! A beautiful pair as well :)