Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Guest Design Over The Card Concept (Part 2)

Hello, friends!
http://thecardconcept.blogspot.ca/

 It is my pleasure to share my guest design work with you over The Card Concept. 
About The Card Concept: "Each week we offer up a challenge for you to try, and we hope that you will create a card in one of the styles we have offered here. The team is divided into the different styles and each designer explains how they were inspired by the challenge! So come and join us and try your hand at a brand new "style" of card making or work in your comfort zone, it is totally up to you!" The style in March is "Classy and Elegant". Since I am the guest designer, I am trying my best to create a card that was inspired by the inspiration photo in the style of Classy and Elegant.

 Here is my take:
happy birthday
Supplies: Peerless Watercolor, Fabulous Fuchsias (sentiment by Clearly Besotted) , With Love (cupcake by Verve),  Strathmore watercolor paper ,Washi Tape, Liquid Pearl, sequins, doily (Doodlebug Designs), Stitched Rectangles Wafer Dies (Simon Says Stamp)

A close-up
close-up

I hope that you stop by The Card Concept and check out the DT 's beautiful work. You will be inspired! It's been my absolute pleasure to guest design for The Card Concept. You definitely should check out this challenge if you have not tried yet. It is a great way to stretch your creativity by playing challenges! Thanks for stopping by!

PS: I will be back with Simon Says Stamp post shortly.

16 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Congrats on your DG post at Card Concept Virginia!! Very yummy looking cupcake, and I adore that beautiful water colour BG!!

LauraJane:) said...

Super having you back again at TCC!
That patch of washi adds so much fun to your card:)

conil said...

Woohoo...guest designer.And you did it so well. Lovely card.

Shelly said...

So pretty and SWEET!

Lisa said...

Pretty background Virgina and I like the doily with the cupcake!

Annette Allen said...

congrats on guest designing.. this card is adorable

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous, yummy cupcake! I love your beautiful background!!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love this!

Taunya Butler said...

WOW - this is so yummy looking!!! The watercoloring is awesome, as are the accents you added - the lace tape and the doily!! So very excellent and you so totally achieved what you set out to do!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! Love it so much - I am going to head over and check out this challenge!! Have a lovely day!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia this is a beautiful card for the challenge. You definitely made two fabulous Classy & Elegant card my friend. I am so glad that we had you as our Guest Designer this month at The Card Concept!

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your Guest DT spot! Your cupcake is so pretty, and I love how your water colored background makes it pop! I also love how you placed the doily, too...a perfect example of 'Classy and Elegant'!

laurie said...

Such a pretty background!What a sweet card.

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! Love the doily and the bit of washi.

Lee-Anne said...

Congrats on your GD gig, Virginia! Love the watercoloring on this elegant beauty!

Grá O'Neill said...

Fabulous card, love the watercolouring :)

Yoonsun Hur said...

Virginia, your card is so beautiful and sweet! Love your soft colours and sweet doily!!