Friday, March 6, 2015

MISTI Is Here!

So, here is another impromptu post from me. It's for a good reason.
Well, the Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented (MISTI) arrived in my house yesterday!
You may have heard about this "new kid on the block"--MISTI. You can buy it directly from the source here or order one from Simon Says Stamp Basically it is the best stamp positioner that I have ever come across. What this allows you to do is stamp however you like without making any mistakes!

Well, I wasted no time and got right down to play. No doubt, this gadget is GREAT for mass producing, but it is even better for adding colors and extra images.
I used this stamp "Sweet Visit" from Penny Black
This stamp came as a Cling Stamp so it works with MISTI. Yeah, wood stamps will NOT work with MISTI, only clear and cling stamps will.  I have been taking a hiatus form making videos; hopefully, I will get back to it and show you how I used my MISTI with adding colors and images.

Without further ado, this is the result.
happy anniversary
I was amazed how easy it is to add colors. Basically I stamped one color at a time (with Memento Ink Cubes). After I stamped the entire design, I decided to add another humming bird ( the purple one on top). Normally, this would take a lot of guess work just to stamp at the right spot. But I managed to stamp the bird multiple times in multiple colors in one go!!
No waste, no frustrations...I literally killed two birds with one stone! LOL.
Isn't that amazing? So, yeah, for me this is revolutionary!
I know there are tons of applications with this stamp tool. I think I just scratched the tip of the iceberg. 

I will be back for my Monthly Stamp Study tomorrow (March 7th) at 10am Eastern Time.
See you then!

35 comments:

Alanna said...

Gorgeous. So glad you got your Misti.

Ruby N said...

Your card is beautiful!!! <3 Have a great day, Virginia

CinnamonSally said...

Stunning Card Virginia!!

Susanne Vargas said...

What a stunning card! Absolutely love it! Have heard rave reviews about the MISTI but it is quite pricey and I don't know if I would use it enough! Looking forward to seeing more what you can do with it!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wowzers! This is stunning! I just love the color mixing, I have been interested in the MISTI for a while, but this really makes me want one now hehehe!

Marlena M. said...

This is so pretty Virginia! I'm looking forward to the video~

conil said...

See, now this is exactly why I bought the MISTI. For creating colorful images like you've done, which, by the way, is spectacular. I'm devoting my weekend to learning how to use it properly.

Monika Reeck said...

AMAZING COLORS
your MISTI help much
I think I want to buy
but its not in Germany
ich muss mich eine bestellen und danach warte bis eine Freundin nach USA fliegt und sie bringt hier her nach Deutschland ;)
wonderful made Virginia and thanks for share the video and where we can buy it :)

Harriet said...

Virginia the cards are beautiful especially the Hummers.............going to look into this product.

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

I got my MISTI a couple days ago. Love it!! Your card is beautiful! MISTI is going to change the way stamping is done!

Bobby said...

Your card turned out beautifully, Virginia. Keep showing off the MISTI and I just might have to get one.

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Virginia, Cathy x

Jessica Frost-Ballas said...

Beautiful birds! Can't wait for your stamp study! :)

Shelly said...

GORGEOUS, Virginia!
Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend! :)

SonjaK said...

Congrats to your new Misti. Great card you created with it - love all those vibrant colors! Got my Misti two weeks ago and am still in awe. Desperately waiting for Altenew's Vintage Roses to get restocked to create some mass produced layer stamping cards. ;o)

Barb said...

Yay! Such a fun tool to have! And your card turned out beautifully V! ♥

Alice Wertz said...

absolutely gorgeous card, Virginia! it sounds like MISTI is an awesome tool! i have been seeing good reviews and good results using it. thanks so much for the review! love love your card!

Laura B. said...

you done the misti proud!!! this looks stunning!!

Kara Lynne said...

Wow! All of those colors together out of one stamp - amazing!! Beautiful card! The MISTI is top on my birthday wish list, but that's not until late May!

Lisa said...

Such pretty card Virginia!! I ordered my Misti yesterday, can't wait!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Wonderful! You are rocking the Misti! Look forward to a video!

IlianaM said...

Wow! That is beautiful!

donna mikasa said...

What an awesome review of the MISTI and such gorgeous results! Truthfully, I was on the fence, but I may be swaying towards a nod to the MISTI! Thanks for enabling!

Taunya Butler said...

I will be honest and admit that I was wo seeing what a MISTI was - going to be checking into it. Your card looks so awesome, with the colors looking so perfectly blended and lined up with each other!! you are marvelous and I am excited about your new tool!!

Leni said...

Wonderful Virginia! This news about the Misti sounds great to me! Hope to see more of how you used it. Your card is beautiful. I am curious if it is something for me...Wish you a great weekend!

Sheila H said...

Virginia, your card is ultra beautiful - the colors are so vivid. I love what you did with the Misti, but it's too pricey for my budget. I'd love to see you do a video on it.

SiskiyouSue said...

I ordered my MISTI about 4 days ago, waiting now for it to arrive. Your card is gorgeous, I am so hopeful that with the MISTI I can do similar things. WOW!

KayM said...

You card is stunning Virginia!! Love how you colored the different sections! I LOVE my MISTI too!! She's my best friend now! :D

Renee said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! I want the Misti too!!

Miriam Prantner said...

I like the multiple colors you used....so far this is the one technique that makes me think this would be handy....besides mass producing which I don't do a ton of.

Deepti said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors :)

Carole said...

Beautiful card x

Barb Ghig said...

Really GORGEOUS card, Virginia! I love how you used your MISTI to get a blend on all those colors!

Linda R said...

WOW.. Love what you have done here. Such a beautiful card.

Hugs~

GeeCee said...

Another beauty!