Monday, March 2, 2015

Simon Says Stamp March Card Kit

Simon Says Stamp's March card kit arrived a while ago...
I have been having fun with it.

 If you like rich colors, vintage, shabby chic and layering...or even Clean and Simple, this kit has it all. I have been trying to learn how to add layers to my design, so this kit is perfect for me to practice. I will be posting more...you know me, I don't just stop at making just one (LOL)!

Card #1
 my friend 
~stamping on text: I stamped a flower on the text paper.
~this set also comes with a small border die (small circles). I used it on journaling card, I then tied a bow with twines.
~I also covered up the sentiment on the journaling card with stamped flowers, stems and leaves.
~this kit also comes with black Liquid Perfect Pearl, I added to the flower center and added my own yellow Liquid Pearl.
~stamping part of the sentiment is a fine idea. I chose to just stamp "my friend" instead of the entire sentiment "happy you're my friend".

Card #2
happy you're my friend
~work around the long sentiment: I started out with the stamped sentiment and designed the elements around it.
~use dies to create an interesting background: the small circle border die in this kit is perfect for creating an interesting backdrop.
~to tone down the bright yellow, I embossed two flowers in white to keep the colors in balance.

Card #3
you;'ve been on my mind
~work with the pattern paper: I stamped the flowers on the upper right corner to go with the theme of Spring in Paris (pattern paper by Authentique).
~balance: I felt that this card needs a bit more black, so I layered a piece of vellum and chevron and added a gold-sequin accent.
~emboss: gold embossed sentiment makes the design SHINE
~little touches: adding a little piece of doily at upper right corner can soften the design.
 
I think #3 is my favorite! Do you have a favorite?
Hope you have a great week ahead! Thanks for stopping by!

29 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Virginia, it looks like you are already a pro at layering! Actually I think you are a pro at every style! Those three cards are so stunning and I can't decide on a favorite! Love the Paris theme on the third, the colors on the second and the stamping on text on the first!

alexandra s.m. said...

Such beautiful samples!
I couldn't resist and had to order his kit!
Thanks Virginia ;)

conil said...

How could I choose a favorite. They are all stunning for different reasons...Yellow & grey...fabulous combo and I love the splashes of color you've added.

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful set of cards! Loving those flowers and the bright pops of yellow and coral, love how you've used the die too!

richardbreaks said...

I'm so glad I saw this post! You've done do many great things with this kit! Now I have ideas to get started with mine!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling cards, Virginia - you really made the most of the March kit! They're all great cards, but #1 is my fave - so many fun details here.

Hope all is well with you!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness Virginia, what a trio of lovelies!!

Nora N. said...

You did a beautiful job on these cards. You are excellent at layering-you don't need to practice. I love the pretty colors and your stamping on the text. Beautiful design!!

Dotty Jo x said...

Stunning cards! What a riot of colour and lovelinesss, Jo x

Harriet said...

No favorite, Virginia, I love each and every one!!!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love love all these cards!

Carol McCready said...

Great cards. Can't wait for my March kit to arrive.

joy said...

Each card is a beauty, Virginia! I do have an affinity for all things Paris, so that card speaks to me. But the others are equally amazing with all of the layers and stamping.

Ruby N said...

Omg these are gorgeous. #3 is my favorite too!!!

Barb said...

Oh, my! Gorgeous cards using the kit, Virginia! Love all three!!! ♥

Kara Lynne said...

Oh, Wow! These three cards are so amazing!! Each one is so special! I love seeing what you do with those kits, and this one is fabulous!

Dawn Turley said...

gorgeous cards Virginia. My favourite is the last one too... love the colour combos and papers. The little circle die is awesome.

Gunilla/Nilla said...

STUNNING cards they make me happy! Love the colors and the pretty flowers.

Have a lovely day//Gunilla

Nicole Parmentier said...

Oh wow, awesome card-kit-creating! Love all three of your cards, very Virginia!! Thanks for the inspiration, hope my kit will arive soon!!

~amy~ said...

oh my...these are absolutely AWESOME.

Taunya Butler said...

They ate each super well done and flat out amazing!!! My favorite is the first one - it felt like a ray of sunshine in the rain and gloom we have been having!! Love those flowers and the details you added to the centers. Just a fun beautiful card!!! All of them are very stylish and impressive! Wishing a happy day to you!!!

Phyllis Strickland said...

Your cards are stunning - WOW! I love them all, everyone of them!

KayM said...

Oh my goodness Virginia, these are all stunning! What beautiful little pieces of art, each one of them!

Merry Stamper said...

#3 is my favorite also. But then, any time the Eifel Tower is involved, that would be my choice, lol. Lovely color here, & I like the little piece of Dooley peeking out at the top of the card.

Merry Stamper said...

Autocorrect...arghhhhh! I meant doily not Dooley.

Kelly Griglione said...

All gorgeous : ) I am a big sucker for stamping on text though, and fell totally in love with your flower on the first card. All these bright colors just make me happy!

Linda R said...

Well my friend I have to say you knocked it out of the park here.. These cards are gorgeous. I LOVE everyone of them.

Hugs, Linda
My Happy Place

Elainej said...

This is the best that I've seen from this kit yet. I love the brightness as opposed to the suble colors most have used.

Milka Gubo said...

Wonderful kit and gorgeous cards, Virginia. Well, my favorite is the 3rd. :-D
hugs